adobe flash?

xtor

Reaction score
I had my mom download adobe flash from archive on her razr maxx hd and it doesn't work?, I did it over the phone with her, I think she did it right, I downloaded it to my note 2 and it works fine, what gives?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming she installed it. If so there are a few Android browsers that don't support it, Chrome is one that comes to mind.

tj1772

Reaction score
Flash

I had my mom download adobe flash from archive on her razr maxx hd and it doesn't work?, I did it over the phone with her, I think she did it right, I downloaded it to my note 2 and it works fine, what gives?

Chrome does not support flash. You can download Flashify from the store for free. This app will make chrome work sites that uses flash.

jimmythegent

Reaction score

Try firefox, its the one of the only web browsers that will run flash.. Chrome, does NOT. I only have chrome and firefox.

WHY Google decided to take flash off is stupid and ridiculous, one of the main attraction to Androids OS was FLASH. Guess they got greedy.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Try firefox, its the one of the only web browsers that will run flash.. Chrome, does NOT. I only have chrome and firefox.

WHY Google decided to take flash off is stupid and ridiculous, one of the main attraction to Androids OS was FLASH. Guess they got greedy.

Google didn't decide, Adobe did. Adobe dropped all support for Flash on mobile devices.....

Why would Google include support in the Chrome browser for something that is no longer available because Adobe removed their Flash plugin?

Boat browser, AOSP browser (if rooted) and a few other still support the Adobe Flash player.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I've owned Android phones since the Original Droid 1 came out.
I can count on one hand how many times I wish I could have used Flash on my phone.
And still have 3 fingers left over.

KaChow

Reaction score
If you are interested in getting Adobe Flash working on a browser, here is a nice step by step. Keep in mind the first thing you need to do is go into Settings> then Security> then check the checkbox next to Unknown sources. Basically I have both the apps for Adobe Flash and also an earlier version of Dolphin HD that supports Adobe, you can alternatively use the Boat browser, you can use Firefox, I tend to use Dolphin it is easier to manage. But, here you go enjoy, start by downloading Adobe Flash via this link, Dev-Host - install_flash_player_ics (1).apk - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service download on to your device directly, (works best.) Once Adobe has downloaded, go ahead and open and install. Next download Dolphin Browser HD 8.5.1 your not going to find this version in the play store because it doesn't exist. So, go ahead and install via this link, Dev-Host - Dolphin_Browser_HD_8.5.1.apk - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service install directly to your device, once it has downloaded open it and install it. With both Adobe and Dolphin Browser installed, go ahead and open Dolphin Browser, either select Flash Support Always On(Recommended), if you miss this step or it is not available press the bottom right corner of the screen, wait for settings to open, select more, select settings, go to Web content> find Flash Player and make your settings and your all set. Just watch updating Dolphin as some updates may not support Adobe.