About 500M free on internal storage, can't download or update any apps

psycopuppy

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG
I have an LG Optimus L70 Cricket phone running Android Version 4.4.2. I have had this problem for a while now, where I had a lot of free space (around 300 - 500M) yet I could not update anything, nor install any new apps (except for some small ones.) I moved everything I could onto my sd card, and constantly ran a cleaner app to keep the junk down. I gave my phone to my son last night to play a game on, and when I got it back noticed that a couple of the apps looked like they had been disabled. Didn't think much about it, plugged it in and went to sleep. This morning on the way to work I noticed that all the apps on my sd card weren't working. I checked and it looked like my sd card had been erased (the kid is going to get his butt spanked when I get home tonight.) I decided this would be a perfect time to update everything, I cleared everything out of my phone that I didn't need and started updating. They all came back with "insufficient storage" I then tried to download some of the apps I needed, and I have only been able to download one so far. Everything else is saying "insufficient storage." I have over 500M of free space right now, and my internal sd card is only 1GB. I am about at the point where I am going to root my phone just to get past this problem, the only thing is the last time I did that I almost bricked the dam thing, so I am really nervous to do that again.

Can someone please help me fix this issue? Should I wipe my phone and start over? Root it? Or is there an easier option?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Can you give us a screen shot of your storage. Might give us some ideas. It'll look like this
749e8cbc75680ef62ba11a5a62df8f2c.jpg

Tapped from a Nexus 6

Hiparci

Reaction score
You must set memory card as internal storage, using magic partition manager. If you search on Google "partition manager external storage to internal storage" you can find solution.
i had same problem on LG L Fino, i can handle with this way.

LG-D290 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi