A question for Bionic owners...

mikeyd08

Reaction score
I went from OG Droid to Bionic. I'm pretty happy. Not really a picture guy, and the update will fix the problems. I like Motorola, and the no-removable-battery thing is a deal breaker for me.

sent from my galaxy tab 10.1 using droidforums

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Have to admit, generally speaking i am happy with the Bionic. 2, problems that i find annoying (and hope the OTA fixes).
1 - The data connection loss issue
2 - Apps disappearing when saved to SD card

AND, I want Ice Cream Sandwich!

I am not obsessed with the newest phone thing. These things change so fast that you'll have regrets from week to week! Why get an ulcer!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Btw Mikey, how do you like that Galaxy tablet? Thinking of asking Santa for one this Christmas. Seems like a good companion for my Bionic.

TatDroid

Reaction score
It's a fascinating phenomena to me that, as each phone goes from "wild rumor", to "release announcement", to "actual release and use", the user sentiment seems to go from "Wow I gotta have", to "it looks pretty decent", to "maybe I should wait for xyz phone which is coming soon..."

Some of the sentiment I've seen recently on the Prime are starting to tend toward the latter. Just check out some of the 800+ comments on this Blog post to see what I'm talking about.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's a fascinating phenomena to me that, as each phone goes from "wild rumor", to "release announcement", to "actual release and use", the user sentiment seems to go from "Wow I gotta have", to "it looks pretty decent", to "maybe I should wait for xyz phone which is coming soon..."

Some of the sentiment I've seen recently on the Prime are starting to tend toward the latter. Just check out some of the 800+ comments on this Blog post to see what I'm talking about.

Great point - typical human nature response to the "hype machine"...

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force

Agreed, same with JNT. It's amazing the amount of anger that can come up from something that hasn't even been officially released yet. The GS2's final specs weren't official until about a week before release. I just find it interesting how we so many people crave "new and better" to such an extent we're willing to push our humanity aside for it. Then suddenly not only are you sort of desensitized to the whole thing, but you've forgotten how you acted over something so pointless. Love it....

Oh, and to the OP, I'd definitely stay away from the Razr. If you're going the new phone route, definitely get the Nexus Prime. Just be aware, it WILL be plagued with at least one or two new phone issues. The Bionic's price just dropped today and TBH it's very unlikely you're going to notice much of difference in performance between the Bionic and Prime. Yes, it does have better software, but nothing you'll NOTICE. It has some other perks aside from hardware, but no telling what issues will come with it, while the Bionic is almost at the point of being amazing. But, that's just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
OP
GeneralZod

GeneralZod

Reaction score
Oh, and to the OP, I'd definitely stay away from the Razr. If you're going the new phone route, definitely get the Nexus Prime. Just be aware, it WILL be plagued with at least one or two new phone issues.
I'm not certain I will stay away from the RAZR. The non-removable battery isn't a deal-breaker for me. I'm interested to read a few of the hands on reviews, and see what the early adopters have to say.

The Bionic's price just dropped today and TBH it's very unlikely you're going to notice much of difference in performance between the Bionic and Prime.
I saw that. The $100 price difference definitely makes the Bionic that much more enticing. Ultimately, I suspect I'll wait to read the RAZR reviews and see what impact the November Bionic patch has. As you said, both the Prime and the RAZR are likely to be plagued by their own issues, and then I'll be stuck waiting two months for their first patch. I'd rather start off with a fully functional device. If the November fix addresses the connection issue (which I'd be shocked if it didn't) and improves camera functionality (which I'm hopeful it will), I'll likely buy the Bionic.

Thanks.

sqchram

Reaction score
I couldn't wait anymore - I got it for $200 and its great. If you can holdout, then wait another month to see what one you want more. If the Galaxy Note is good and on Verizon, I'll get that and sell my Bionic.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
2 - Apps disappearing when saved to SD card

media area is not the sd card ... I'm sure they'll fix that.. it is a little annoying to have to check eveytime u get a new app but its temporary

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Option 4: Test them all out when released and see which one you like best and that you could see yourself with after other, better phones come out.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Option 4: Test them all out when released and see which one you like best and that you could see yourself with after other, better phones come out.

the way phones are coming out these days it never hurts to wait but I am a big fan of the bionic

mikeyd08

Reaction score
Bluezdawg l love the galaxy tab. Made my wife happy too cause I gave her my netbook. I got the wifi version 16g.

PolishLogic

Reaction score
I'll preface this by saying I love my Bionic. However at this stage of the game, if I were getting ready to upgrade, I'd probably do my due diligence and wait for Prime to hit so I could compare the two.

jickracer007

Reaction score
Im with you as far as I'm concerned one the ota comes through I know all will be good in the land of Bionic.
When you put it all together this machine has all thorobead written all over it.
I am on a Verizon employee account and can upgrade yearly. I had a HTC Dinc which I waited for because they were sold out for months. Since I did the research I knew it was worth the wait.
I had upgrade eligibility privileges 4 months but I waited for this Bionic because of whats inside it
The Bionic not only does it DOES