A Motorole Droid & MP3 Voicemail Messages

Damaja

Reaction score
ok I wanna see if you can do this with a Droid, so far I cannot figure out how to get it to work. I want to create a voicemail from here Old Spice Voicemail Generator | By Chriswastaken, Area, and Nelson Abalos Jr | Thanks to Reddit (Just because it's so cool) haha and make it so it plays as my voice mail answering message (Like when someone calls me and I do not answer my cell, they catch a message for my voice mail). Can an mp3 file be placed on a Droid and used as the voice mail message?

Buckweat

Reaction score
I think I found a way to set mp3 as voicemail

ok I wanna see if you can do this with a Droid, so far I cannot figure out how to get it to work. I want to create a voicemail from here Old Spice Voicemail Generator | By Chriswastaken, Area, and Nelson Abalos Jr | Thanks to Reddit (Just because it's so cool) haha and make it so it plays as my voice mail answering message (Like when someone calls me and I do not answer my cell, they catch a message for my voice mail). Can an mp3 file be placed on a Droid and used as the voice mail message?

I want to do the same thing so I called Verizon and just happen to find a really cool tech support guy. he gave me a possible option. Its 11pm now so I cant get the cable but I will in the morning. Hes theory goes like this....

You need a male to male 3.5mm cable to connect your droid to your computers MIC OUT. go to set up voicemail greeting on your droid and just before it says after the beep to record your message plug into your droid headphone jack. make sure you all ready have the 3.5mm connected to your computers mic out(duh). Listen a few times to time when it beeps to avoid any possible static when connecting.
play the mp3. then press # when mp3 stops or whenever. Message recorded.

This information came from SETIRI from Verizon tech support. If anyone tries this and it works spread the word!

He said that the droid headphone jack is a duel in and out so its theoretically possible.