4G speeds

Parafly9

Reaction score
Did anyone see this today? Kinda discouraging:

Lifehacker, tips and downloads for getting things done

It places Verizon as the slowest LTE provider, on phones (fastest for modems). What does that mean exactly? FWIW these speeds look about the same or even less than what many of us get on 3G. I was hoping to see something significant gains here...

4gspeedgraph.png

n0yxl

Reaction score
Did anyone see this today? Kinda discouraging:

Lifehacker, tips and downloads for getting things done

It places Verizon as the slowest LTE provider, on phones (fastest for modems). What does that mean exactly? FWIW these speeds look about the same or even less than what many of us get on 3G. I was hoping to see something significant gains here...

4gspeedgraph.png

That chart is laughable. It's not even close to being accurate! There are plenty of CES speedtests floating around on YouTube showing greatly higher #'s than that.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Interesting since the TB is the first 4G smartphone on VZW. I'd love to know how they did their testing.

OP
Parafly9

Parafly9

Reaction score
Like what? The speedtests were all for the 4G modems, weren't they?

Although that does make me wonder why a modem has one speed and phone has a different speed on the same network.

lockman

Reaction score
If you read the link within the link, they state they used a Droid 2 in this comparison of apples and oranges. So, yeah, I'd say T-Mobile's G2 is quicker than a D2.

n0yxl

Reaction score
This is just one of MANY vids on youtube [video=youtube;W_AGuvbS5vI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_AGuvbS5vI]YouTube - LG Revolution Verizon 4G speedtest[/video]

n0yxl

Reaction score
And another.....

[video=youtube;JgyYba7VnbI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgyYba7VnbI]YouTube - Samsung LTE 4G Smartphone speedtest.AVI[/video]

Nothing to worry about!!! :)

OP
Parafly9

Parafly9

Reaction score
If you read the link within the link, they state they used a Droid 2 in this comparison of apples and oranges. So, yeah, I'd say T-Mobile's G2 is quicker than a D2.

Well that's ridiculous. It's not even a 4G phone!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X

Ugh yeah thus my saying VZW doesn't have any 4G phones on the network until thursday.

OP
Parafly9

Parafly9

Reaction score

Ugh yeah thus my saying VZW doesn't have any 4G phones on the network until thursday.

Well jesus you know skimming through the article quicly if it says "Comparison of 4G network Speeds" you'd assume they'd have a test phone or something up & running

mkjellgren

Reaction score
Hahaha makes sense that vzw 3g is the slowest 4g considering its 3g...

dajogejr

Reaction score
A few things, a couple already said.
A phone, even a thunderbolt, atrix, etc., do not have the processing power of a laptop.
I've tested 3 LTE modems now and their speeds smoked that chart.
And...as said, they tested a 3G phone and called it a 4G test.

It's pretty sad how nearly all these sites used to have cutting edge news and information.
Now all they do is regurgitate other news, claim it there own....and with mostly false information.

DaWolf85

Reaction score
In that case, it's ridiculous that even the D2 beat WiMax... lol no wonder sprint's rumored to be rethinking that :icon_eek: