3g signal doesnt stay constant... bars consistaly dropping...

sasha101

Reaction score
Okay so i don't know what's up with this phone. I just got it on release date and i loved it except i get horrible signal. At my house i get four bars but it drops every 2 minutes and goes back up. Also the 3g signal is very slow. I used a speed test and im getting 600 kbps download and 1011 kbps upload. But i tested again and i got 1839 kbps download and 600 kbps upload. Then i tried again and the 3g signal went back too around 600 download. Is there any hack to fix this? I wrote this with my droid x and the signal dropped like 3 times and went back up while i am writting this

Edit: my signal just dropped too one bar and its not going back up no matter how i hold it. Im being forced too use wifi too acess the internet... could this be just my phone or is the droid x worse then the iphone 4...

ninjabox

Reaction score
Not all problems are the phones. It could very well be your area. There could be a lot of data being trandferd over the local network.

ewells2420

Reaction score
sounds like your towers more than the phone. My bars fluctuate too but does not affect performance. If I look under about phone my reception will be like 89-90 when it shows like 1 bar. So im thinking the software for the bars display is a little off.

Also the more people connected to your tower, the slower the data will be. try again late at night and see how much faster it is.

ext

Reaction score
Death Grip!! OMG!!! Antennagate X!!!

All joking aside, Ewells is right - tower congestion can be bad but from what I have seen with both my iPhone and this Droid X that Verizon is a much better carrier.

Also, just to be safe I would do a *228 and update the PRL - not that the phone PRL is probably out of date a whole lot but I did notice that I was able to update might slightly after I brought it home.

-Ext

OP
S

sasha101

Reaction score
I just did that this morning and now im getting aroaund 100kbps download. I had tmobiles nexus one before and would get like 1500 kbps in my house

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

FireDroid

Reaction score
in the update there is a fix for the battery level so maybe there will be one for signal also.

ewells2420

Reaction score
in the update there is a fix for the battery level so maybe there will be one for signal also.

Could be, its a baseband update which I believe is responsible for that kinda thing. Could be wrong though, I have no idea what im talking about.