2.2 or Zedge -can't change notifications ringtone

blulie

Reaction score
Anybody else having this problem? I can change my phone ringtone but not my notification ringtone. (I change it, choose OK, all seems well but when I get a text it's playing the old ringtone.)

I've browsed the forum and can't seem to find anybody else with this issue. Yesterday I installed (and then uninstalled) Zedge - maybe that messed things up?

kouichi341

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. Im not sure what's causing it. I have zedge too.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
This might not help but I downloaded Zedge last night to get the ring from Bedtime Stories (awesome). And it works just fine in replacing my ringtone and notification tone. I am on the first 2.2 leaked rooted.

kouichi341

Reaction score
I think I figured it out! Set any tone as your default notification. Then go in to your email and change it to ur zedge tone. It worked for me!

OP
B

blulie

Reaction score
I ended up clearing all cache (Settings > Applications > Running and I did all that appeared to be related to the Android system) and a restart and it finally "took".

rboutin2

Reaction score
i am having the same problem. everytime i fix it tho it always comes back. My notifications keep changing on their own to whatever they want to be. I hope it is fixable with an update. I am not 100% positive, but i dont think my ringotnes have ever changed. I use ringdroid and have made my own ringtones. The menu says it is on a certain ringer but when it actually rings its a completely different ringer.