Upgraded from Droid to Droid X2

Wraith

Reaction score
After almost 1 week of use and all my old apps re installed (and many new ones!) overall, very impressive. Massive onboard memory upgrade has helped all the usual apps I have and looks more stable.

So far, I have noticed a few things;

1) At first glance, there are pixilations on some usual color pictures. This really looks more like low res upgrading. The green battery indicator has some black specs in it, and contact pictures look a little greyed out. This is a minor trade off as all other color video and pictures are amazing. YouTubing and browsing much more enjoyable in HD. The screen is freaking amazing, really.

2) Transfer rates seem FASTER than my old Droid. I saw more than 300k/s 3G and installs seem faster. I don't recall seeing much over 100K/s on my Droid .Nice. Is it just me?

3) Audio skips. Yep, seen other posts on this. My YouTubing does not seem to skip, but using Mixzing and Pandora, have had audio skips with buffering Maxed out. Bummer. I listen to music about 4-8 hours per day. On the plus side, speaker out and dynamic range is great.

4) Interface via USB to my Sony head unit in my car is now a no go. My old Droid would link up in about 10 seconds. The X2 shuts off its USB link immediately, causing my head unit to fail. Again, bummer, as that is my daily commute, so now I must use the stereo jack. On the plus side, audio output sounds pretty good, but due to jack connection the USB would be better.

Other than those 3 negative points, I am very happy with this phone. If you are thinking of this upgrade and are not concerned about 4G, then this is a great phone. I did not use my keyboard much, and no longer see any specific need to install a custom ROM. I have GO LAUNCHER installed with many of it's supporting apps and it's running smooth (other than audio tics).

I did not see to many posts specifically on Droid to X2 upgrades, so posting my impressions here.

Happy upgrading!

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Try the app 'Dual Mount SD' to repair your head unit issue.

OP
Wraith

Wraith

Reaction score
Thanks. Will look for it and update here.

OP
Wraith

Wraith

Reaction score
Another Q

Ok...Audio seems better, and that's a pay app....so will give it abit longer before springing the extra $.
Edit: Also, it is a root app....I'm not rooted (yet).

Another Q;

I see a partition on my memory card now (2 in windowz explorer). I used my old 16Gig with my old directories, and see they are no longer being used and many apps needed info entered again. So, I assume I can delete all those old app folders that were made. In file manager, there is SD-ext option with my old stuff in it, so it just appears that file apps and memory is being used differently now.

I didn't see a sticky on this, and please forgive if my quick search yielded nothing.

Can someone confirm/comment on this?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: