Turn Your RAZR Into a Maxx for $110

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
wondered how long it would take for someone to make a kit. that not a bad price .. it would for sure void warranty though ..

SallyC

Reaction score
The next money maker will be for someone who will do the install. Learn on a few "parts only" throwaways from eBay, then set up shop doing the conversion for those who don't want to learn on their one and only.

I'd suggest FoxKat, but he's been a tad busy lately...

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I see a lot of "Oh crap broke my Razr, need help ASAP" threads in the future.

OP
Z

Zandar

Reaction score
This replacement should be really, really easy. I doubt anyone who would even consider opening a sealed phone case would have any issue with it.

Still, I've underestimated stupidity in the past (including my own!).

SallyC

Reaction score
I see a lot of "Oh crap broke my Razr, need help ASAP" threads in the future.

:rofl3:

This replacement should be really, really easy. I doubt anyone who would even consider opening a sealed phone case would have any issue with it.

Still, I've underestimated stupidity in the past (including my own!).

I guess I'd need to see "the video." We replaced the battery on a Kindle DX but sent the iPod touch away for a new battery. Not sure where in that continuum this would be.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The next money maker will be for someone who will do the install. Learn on a few "parts only" throwaways from eBay, then set up shop doing the conversion for those who don't want to learn on their one and only.

I'd suggest FoxKat, but he's been a tad busy lately...

Sally, you are a GEM among GEMS! Thank you for the kind words.

Still, I would do it. I have plenty of experience opening and repairing electronic devices, plus I already have all the tools necessary to do the job. Only part that concerns me is LIABILITY, so I would have to provide a contract that holds me harmless. This isn't as easy as it sounds. It requires removing the back, then separating the entire phone motherboard, front shroud and digitizer assembly from the center frame which houses the SD Card door from the rest of the phone, then safely removing the battery without damaging it, and finally replacing everything back in proper order. If Motorola hadn't used the laminating tape for assembly construction it would be a simpler task, but the risk of breaking those microscopic solder joints on all those miniscule ICs is very real. One flex too hard on that board and KAPUT!
  1. Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX EB40 Internal Battery Lithium Ion 3300 mAh (Part #SNN5910A)
  2. Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX EB40 Installation Adhesive Tape Pre-Cut (Part #11016445001)
  3. Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX Back Housing with Sim Card and SD Card Door Cover, Antenna & Camera Lens (Part #01016755003) <<<THIS IS THE BIGGIE! (see below)
  4. Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX Back Battery Housing Cover Frame and Trim BLACK with Installation Adhesive Tape Pre-Installed (Part #0101675700)
View attachment 48621
I would be far less hesitant doing it on my own phone as I have had it and others open and disassembled already. I replaced several digitizers including my D1 and D2. Thing is, they weren't fused together with laminating tape. I may have to order one to see just what's involved. :icon_eek:

Last edited:

Trash Can

Reaction score
The title of the thread should read "Turn your Razr into a Maxx for $800"

$110 for the parts kit
$650 for a new Maxx (to replace your now non-functioning Razr)
$40 miscellaneous (taxes, new case, etc)

I know I'm not saavy enough to try something like this. Unfortunately, much like rooting, far too many people will jump into something like this without knowing all they should and will end up trashing their phone.

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The title of the thread should read "Turn your Razr into a Maxx for $800"

$110 for the parts kit
$650 for a new Maxx (to replace your now non-functioning Razr)
$40 miscellaneous (taxes, new case, etc)

I know I'm not saavy enough to try something like this. Unfortunately, much like rooting, far too many people will jump into something like this without knowing all they should and will end up trashing their phone.

And then trying to get them covered under the manufacturers warranty! :confused:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with voice to text translation. Please excuse minor spelling/grammar/punctuation errors.

techgov8

Reaction score
I wouldn't do it. That means I've paid 400 for a razr with a maxx battery? Ha no thanks. Ill stick with my og razr. My battery life is beautiful after I settled in with it.

Kimo91

Reaction score
When they're back in stock I'm going to buy this kit and try it out.

Sent from the Sith powered and rooted Motor DROID RAZR

SallyC

Reaction score
When they're back in stock I'm going to buy this kit and try it out.

Sent from the Sith powered and rooted Motor DROID RAZR

We want video please!!! Complete with the unedited audio, lol!:biggrin:

DocsDad

Reaction score
I wouldn't do it. That means I've paid 400 for a razr with a maxx battery? Ha no thanks. Ill stick with my og razr. My battery life is beautiful after I settled in with it.

Agreed. I went form the Razr to the Maxx. I love my battery but if I had the Razr still, I would save the cash and the risk. The Razr is a great device, does fine with battery and has plenty of options to be re-juiced if necessary.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score