tun.ko needed

JayCe

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find a valid module "tun.ko" for the current cm7?

ChezJfrey

Reaction score
I just upgraded to CM 7 today and would also like to know where I can find tun.ko. The only one I could find failed with (Exec format error) in a manual load.

Guess I shoulda looked before leaping :) I suppose I could just restore, but I kinda like the new version so far, except for my inability to VPN to our Cisco like I could before.

leobg

Reaction score
Here is a working tun.ko good for D2G. I am using it on a daily basis. Place in /system/lib/modules ensure permissions are set properly (644 or rw-r--r--) owner root.

ChezJfrey

Reaction score
Ah, I appreciate the response, but I went another route yesterday.

I read that Chevy split out the tun.ko in his May/June releases. I flashed one and sure enough, it's there and a lsmod after insmod shows it running just fine.

Of course I find that there are a probably a couple other steps for VPNC to work that I seem to have misplaced...I think linking some busybox dirs or something, but I'm sure I'll find/figure that out.

Thanks.

ChezJfrey

Reaction score
LOL!

Everything appeared to be working if I manually loaded the module, busybox links are fine, permissions good, but VPN Connections kept FC. I reinstalled, then installed a slightly newer version...no dice. Finally, exasperated, I gave up, rebooted, then gave it one more chance...success!

Seriously, a reboot fixed the issue? It's acting like a Windows machine now...hehehehe.

Anyway, all former functionality is back, with a few more niceties of the newer CM.

So, final word is CMod 7.0.3, Chevy kernel 2.6.32 LV, and VPN Connections .99