★ The Official "I got my Droid RAZR Thread" ★

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
TisMyDroid said:
Hey Stephen, how come yours has a brass-golden motorola plate. Mine is boring black. Those look nice!

I think that was caused by the reflection of the light. Lol cause both are sliver with black lettering. Thanks though! I'm not as happy with the MAXX as I was with mine. The person I bought the donor screen off of didn't mention it had a billion small scratches.

Sent from my Xoom

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Still nicer than mine... silver letters on black.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Nope, boring black with, I think, white letters. If I pretend they could look like silver letters, lol!

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
I have two extra labels if you want one. I can even put new double sided adhesive on it. They're not in the best shape but they still look nice. Just pm me your mailing address if you're interested.

Sent from my resurrected DROID RAZR with ICS

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I think you better save them for your next phone you rebuild. Although, it would be sort of cool to pretend my Maxx was more elite than everyone else's.

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
Nah I won't need them. I always buy two phones anyway, one with a cracked screen, one with water damage.

bocabean

Reaction score
I have had my Razr Maxx since mid-June and I love it. Does virtually everything I need from this type of device. I just added a Lapdock 500 Pro which I picked up on eBay for a relatively decent price. Using that in conjunction with LogMeIn has accomplished exactly what I set out to do with the Dock. I never had an opportunity to work in Webtop 2.0, before it was updated to 3.0, I believe with ICS. However, I see that as a benefit because I am less disappointed by not having had to experience a a device that went from a significantly large amount of flexibility, to a more restricted version, which seems to have been what happened with the 3.0 Upgrade.

Although I am having fun, as well as being more productive with the Lapdock, with its 14" screen and amazingly clear GUI, I am getting very frustrated by the fact that I am reading elsewhere that this product is already on its way out and that Moto will be doing no further updates to the product line.

I believe that this is rediculous and that they haven't given the device a chance to gain market acceptance. Moto could certainly have been more promotion oriented.

angler1

Reaction score
Just got my droid razor. Came from a galaxy nexus. Got to say its nice to have a phone that finally works. The nexus was a a fun toy, but not something i could count on. After five replacements i told verizon i need something that works. I have to say i am pretty impressed so far. Now its time to get this thing rooted and get rid of the bloat.

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
angler1 said:
Just got my droid razor. Came from a galaxy nexus. Got to say its nice to have a phone that finally works. The nexus was a a fun toy, but not something i could count on. After five replacements i told verizon i need something that works. I have to say i am pretty impressed so far. Now its time to get this thing rooted and get rid of the bloat.

Well, I hope yours doesn't act up like mine. I was problem free for two months. Then I go on vacation, and my soft keys went out. I'm actually looking into getting the Nexus now.

angler1

Reaction score
Well, I hope yours doesn't act up like mine. I was problem free for two months. Then I go on vacation, and my soft keys went out. I'm actually looking into getting the Nexus now.

The galaxy nexus was a great phone when it actually got a signal. Loved the development side to it. I'm sure if i lived in a city where i had better signal access i would have kept it. Unfortunately i need the web and the ability to make calls all the time. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Good luck if you do get it. Definately get it rooted and some jb going because 4.1 is definitely nice.

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
angler1 said:
The galaxy nexus was a great phone when it actually got a signal. Loved the development side to it. I'm sure if i lived in a city where i had better signal access i would have kept it. Unfortunately i need the web and the ability to make calls all the time. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Good luck if you do get it. Definately get it rooted and some jb going because 4.1 is definitely nice.

Rooting to get JB 4.1 is one of the main reasons I want it. The other was because it has no soft keys. I'm still on the edge about it because the camera isn't as good as the RAZR's, and the thought of going backwards in terms of hardware kinda turns me off to the idea. I'll get my RAZR fixed then I'll probably make up my mind...

Reaction score
I won't lie I love the radios on the RAZR and camera but in all other aspects Gnex is pretty good I have not had a issue yet with versus the 3 razrs I went through I will go back to moto if they make the next nexus for sure moto hands down are the best cell phone makers out but the locked boot loaders suck that is the main reason I switched

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
bostonbassman78 said:
I won't lie I love the radios on the RAZR and camera but in all other aspects Gnex is pretty good I have not had a issue yet with versus the 3 razrs I went through I will go back to moto if they make the next nexus for sure moto hands down are the best cell phone makers out but the locked boot loaders suck that is the main reason I switched

I wish cameras were interchangeable between different phones. I could totally put a RAZR camera in a Gnex, then load the correct drivers for it. Users could basically make the ultimate phone...

Reaction score
StephenC said:
I wish cameras were interchangeable between different phones. I could totally put a RAZR camera in a Gnex, then load the correct drivers for it. Users could basically make the ultimate phone...

Agreed they both are great phones but honestly moto is better just hate having a locked boot loader with the Gnex I can put any custom ROM on it and be able to revert back to stock without issues