Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum shahanali18!
Do you have a similar issue with the camera on your S5? This may be a hardware related issue, but you might try a reboot and/or a factory data reset. (Make sure to back up any important data, pictures, contacts etc)
If this doesn't work, I would contact your cell provider to inquire about a replacement. If your carrier won't do anything to help, you may need to contact Samsung for a manufacturer warranty replacement.
Good luck & let us know how you make out.

S5 tap'n

Last edited:

shahanali18

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SM-G900H
...well I don't know the reason or what caused the shadow but after a few days of dealing with the problem...sad to say I turned phone off/on again (std reboot)...the obvious lol...mysterious black image gone!!
Is your issue is resolved?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
o_O:mad:

Same dark spot on my S5. I recognized it appeared after an X-Ray check in the airport, the custom officer passed the box three times and have this phone and other things exposed more time than normal under the radiation, suposedly looking for "something strange" he identified in my belongings, maybe this was "intentional" ??? The dark mark may correspond to a lens concentrated light "burning"....?

I would have guess a tiny spec of dust somehow got inside the lens.

I could easily believe that either could be the cause however the fact that the spot is a blur, out of focus and darker at the middle, as well as being round does look very much like a tiny, possibly near invisible speck of dust on one or another of the optics (lenses). It makes sense since the focal length of the optics is from about 5" to infinity and so something closer that is tiny would look just like that.

The possibility that the sensor is somehow burned due to overexposure under an airport x- ray machine seems plausible as well. Just like the speck of dust would be blurred, the concentrated beam of higher than normal radiation could be blurred in reverse by the optics and would cast a "shadow-like" blur on the sensor. The x-ray machines at the airport are much higher concentration of radiation than that which is used on humans and animals. They likely also have the ability to increase or decrease the power as well as to focus it on one or another area in order to get a better look at something they deem suspicious.

My guess though, would be dust or condensation. Another possibility is a particular lens element could have become partially or totally detached and could be causing a certain light to be out of focus causing it to cast a Shadow on the sensor.

Still another possibility is that it's totally software related and may be fixed with an update.

If I recall, this only appears in still shots for one or more of those experiencing it? Another interesting peculiarity is it seems to be happening the same place and appears similar in size and shape with several people. This would lead me to think it's either software related or possibly a defect in manufacture that rears its ugly head after time due to prolonged exposure to the environment or light.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

shahanali18

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SM-G900H
Many people are facing this problem. This can't be hardware problem because we all are experiencing a same problem :/

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Many people are facing this problem. This can't be hardware problem because we all are experiencing a same problem :/

This ^ is exactly why I believe it could be either hardware or firmware related.

shahanali18

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SM-G900H
Yesterday i noticed this...i bought this on august and i was working perfectly a day before yesterday

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
OK, can you send a pic showing it?

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
I have noticed a trend with Samsung devices experiencing problems with the camera. If you have cleared the Cache and Data for the camera app, the next step is to complete an FDR (Factory Data Reset). If that does not correct the issue, you will need to flash the device completely to »STOCK« image from the factory.

And, if that doesn't solve the issue...hardware issue and needs to be sent for repair

Last edited:

Dinesh Kasti

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung galaxy S5 active
I had the same problem. But it was fixed when I simply restarted my device: samsung galaxy s5 active.

greyghost04

Reaction score
Take it to the Samsung desk at Best Buy. They will fix it. You didn't have to buy it there.

chique_panda

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SM-G900V
Twitter
Jasmin_ThePanda
Take it to the Samsung desk at Best Buy. They will fix it. You didn't have to buy it there.
How much do they charge for this? Was it a software problem or was it a hardware problem?

chique_panda

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SM-G900V
Twitter
Jasmin_ThePanda
The service is free!! They will reset your device back to factory fir you...or, you can do it yourself from home.
Oh.. it's because my s5 camera lense broke so I just took the remaining pieces off and now all of a sudden these dots cam out and they've gotten worse. I don't know if it's software related or hardware related because I've stumbled upon a lot of forums with people complaining about the camera having spots

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
@chique_panda, if you don't mind resetting your device to factory defaults...then first step is to backup your data and perform an FDR on the device.

See my signature for a tutorial to backup! ;)