[ROM] [ROM] Liberty 3 RC1 - Time for the Eagle to once again take Flight

XAndyJX

Reaction score
Just installed the ROM a little while ago... It's very nice - I'm really liking it so far, just like my DX was before I upgraded to the Bionic. I was starting to get really frustrated with all the random lockups with the stock ROM and constantly pulling the battery :mad:

XAndyJX

Reaction score
Does the rom fix the constantly focusing in and out camcorder issue? If it does I will install ASAP

I noticed an option in the camera settings that allows for "Auto Focus" and "Continuous Focus" selections. I haven't messed with it yet but it seems you can disable it now by just selecting "Auto Focus".

ntek

Reaction score
Under settings I don't see data connection or roaming under settings how do I access the features?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

kurumatt

Reaction score
Under settings I don't see data connection or roaming under settings how do I access the features?

I use an app called LTE switch. Gets me to those settings quick.

missrachel

Reaction score
Pardon the n00b question, but this will be my first time flashing a ROM on my Bionic! To install, can I use Rom Manager or do I have to use Bionic Bootstrapper? I'm rooted but haven't done any mods other than freezing bloatware.

Thanks for your hard work and dedication, Kejar and JRummy!!! You guys rock! :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jtsativa420

Reaction score
Pardon the n00b question, but this will be my first time flashing a ROM on my Bionic! To install, can I use Rom Manager or do I have to use Bionic Bootstrapper? I'm rooted but haven't done any mods other than freezing bloatware.

Thanks for your hard work and dedication, Kejar and JRummy!!! You guys rock! :)

You could use either method, i believe, but only with rom manger premium can u install from sd card. The premium costs money and the bootsrapper is free. I prefer the bootsrapper personaly for all my backups, rom flashes and battery wipes.

Most roms have a reboot into recovery mode and some even have an option to reboot into recovery every time so if you were to soft brick or boot loop you could still restore your backup without having to go back to stock re-root etc.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You could use either method, i believe, but only with rom manger premium can u install from sd card. The premium costs money and the bootsrapper is free. I prefer the bootsrapper personaly for all my backups, rom flashes and battery wipes.

Most roms have a reboot into recovery mode and some even have an option to reboot into recovery every time so if you were to soft brick or boot loop you could still restore your backup without having to go back to stock re-root etc.

How to you reboot into recovery? I accidentally did this after wiping data/ cache and it booted into stock unrooted rom. I then had to reroot, wipe data/cache, and then flash rom.

sent from my liberated bionic using tapatalk

jtsativa420

Reaction score
How to you reboot into recovery? I accidentally did this after wiping data/ cache and it booted into stock unrooted rom. I then had to reroot, wipe data/cache, and then flash rom.

With liberty there is the reboot into recovery option while powering down. Droid bootstrapper boots into recovery automatically. With R3BLURR3D there is an option to boot into recovery on each reboot (Favorite). You can power down your device and hold both volume buttons and power on to get into stock recovery which all you can do is a factory reset apply an update reboot and one other option I can't recall. Rom manager also has a reboot into recovery option but it took me to my stock recovery.

Running liberty rom on my droid X if I rebooted and did a battery pull during boot up then powered back on it would take me into recovery.

Although i love the liberty roms i miss the being able to boot into recovery via battery pull as on my X and automatic recovery on the R3BLURR3D rom.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
^I meant is it possible to reboot into recovery from recovery.

jtsativa420

Reaction score
no, and i've tried battery pulls, settings, button combinations, even adb shell on the computer. the only thing out there for those instances is a rom that forces it.

liutarishi

Reaction score
How can I delete the liberty tool box, I already have the pro version. Every time I delete it, it comes back when I hit reboot. I even deleted it in root explorer. It still comes back. I don't need two tool boxes. I also tried to delete the liberty root explorer. I already have the paid version of it, since I paid for it I want to used it. Great rom team liberty.

Reaction score
How can I delete the liberty tool box, I already have the pro version. Every time I delete it, it comes back when I hit reboot. I even deleted it in root explorer. It still comes back. I don't need two tool boxes. I also tried to delete the liberty root explorer. I already have the paid version of it, since I paid for it I want to used it. Great rom team liberty.

I just froze it with the pro version

dx1881

Reaction score
Link is down?

hey_no_really

Reaction score
Im in an extended service area anyone if Ibcan flash this rom? I know you have to be on a actual verizon tower to activate your phone.

I too live in extended service area and there is a way around the activation screen but you will need carrier specific information for your phone. I moved from MN to OK and lost verizon towers. I did a factory reset and could not reactivate. Called on my wifes phone and as they walked me through the process I wrote every step down. Now I can flash any time any where and just duplicate those steps ;). btw am using motorola droid x in OK with MN service info.