Kids Mode error

richtheruler

Reaction score
I cant log into the parental controls. When I put in my passcode an error pops up 'unfortunately parental controls has stopped.' And it wont let me in.
The passcode is correct because it lets me log out. Any one else having this problem?

OP
R

richtheruler

Reaction score
Anybody have this problem? I tried to clear the cache and clear data from the app, which I thought would allow me to start from the beginning but it does nothing.
I dont want to uninstall it because I dont know how to get it back.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Is this a built-in parental control package, in other words, was it on the phone when you bought it? If so, I would suggest booting into Safe Mode, then trying to get into the parental controls there. You may have a software conflict that you're not aware of and could be causing the error.

Power the Device Up in Safe Mode Samsung Galaxy S 5 Verizon Wireless

1. With the device powered off, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until the Samsung Galaxy S5 logo appears then release.
  2. With the Samsung Galaxy S5 logo on the screen, press and hold the Volume Down button (located on the left edge).
  3. Continue to hold the Volume Down button until Safe mode appears in the lower left of the screen then release.
    linote.gif
    This may take up to 45 seconds.
note.gif
Notes:
  • With Safe Mode enabled, test device and app functionality. If the previous issue fails to occur, the cause has been isolated to a third-party app and all recently installed or updated apps should be uninstalled.
  • Power cycle the device to disable Safe Mode then reinstall and test each app one at a time to identify which app is causing the problem.

If this is a third party application, then I would suggest calling on the app developer to get them involved in the troubleshooting.

OP
R

richtheruler

Reaction score
It was pre-installed on the phone itself. I actually already tried it in safe mode and got the same exact problem.

And on a separate topic safe mode somehow screwed up my contacts...my contact list just says "updating contact list...." and nothing shows up.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was pre-installed on the phone itself. I actually already tried it in safe mode and got the same exact problem.

And on a separate topic safe mode somehow screwed up my contacts...my contact list just says "updating contact list...." and nothing shows up.
When your phone gets lollipop (5.0) it's no longer bloatware (at least on my AT&T it isn't) and I had the same problem that was cured with uninstall/reinstall from the Galaxy app store, not the Play Store.

OP
R

richtheruler

Reaction score
So, I cleared the parental control's cache and data and that solved the problem!!