First pics of the Droid Turbo?

Hey jf just an FYI: you no longer need to be rooted in order for your hotspot to work as long as you use the FoxFi app. Foxfi has been updated to work on many more devices than it used to. I wasn't sure if you were aware of that so just thought I'd throw it out there.

S5 tap'n
That's great to know! And good news for many people!

The more developed our phones the less modification they require. I no longer flash roms. But I do like xposed framework modules.

I do like the ease of using the stock tethering since there's quick settings. Very simple to use.

I always use greenify so ram is more available. Nothing irks me more than facebook and messenger needing to be running constantly!

I guess now with this new foxfi info anyone that wants a new device with unlimited would be crazy not to get the droid turbo! Thanks!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

You're welcome!
I don't recall atm which device you're currently using, (update: just noticed you're on the G3...perhaps that 4K screen is the issue in your case?) but you more than likely won't need to use Greenify on the Droid Turbo. Between the way the latest OS update 4.4.4 (and soon to be released "Android L") handles apps & multitasking, coupled with speed/power of the latest flagship models, you shouldn't have a problem with low ram. During the week I'm always running a podcast or Pandora in the background while surfing the net & leaving forum posts along with replying to texts & phone calls at the same time. I have yet to run into any performance problems on my S5. That being said, the Turbo has better specs than the S5, so low ram should not be an issue.

S5 tap'n

You're welcome!
I don't recall atm which device you're currently using, (update: just noticed you're on the G3...perhaps that 4K screen is the issue in your case?) but you more than likely won't need to use Greenify on the Droid Turbo. Between the way the latest OS update 4.4.4 (and soon to be released "Android L") handles apps & multitasking, coupled with speed/power of the latest flagship models, you shouldn't have a problem with low ram. During the week I'm always running a podcast or Pandora in the background while surfing the net & leaving forum posts along with replying to texts & phone calls at the same time. I have yet to run into any performance problems on my S5. That being said, the Turbo has better specs than the S5, so low ram should not be an issue.

S5 tap'n
I alternate between g3 and droid maxx.

Very excited for lemon meringue pie. I'll be buying up all the Marie Calender Lemon Meringue Pies hoping to get some Google freebies like they did with the kit kat bars lol.

I honestly believed the next droid would have 4.5 right off the bat.

Then I remembered Google io 2012. I had jelly bean with Google now on my Galaxy nexus a full year before the Samsung Galaxy s3.

I am happier now that Motorola doesn't need to do full updates and they can tweak things promptly from play store.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Hey jf just an FYI: you no longer need to be rooted in order for your hotspot to work as long as you use the FoxFi app. Foxfi has been updated to work on many more devices than it used to. I wasn't sure if you were aware of that so just thought I'd throw it out there.

S5 tap'n
FYI...FoxFi wifi hotspot will NOT work with Motorola phones running KitKat. It was fixed for Samsung and HTC phones but not Motorola.

FYI...FoxFi wifi hotspot will NOT work with Motorola phones running KitKat. It was fixed for Samsung and HTC phones but not Motorola.
I can give you first in confirmation of this being true as well. I installed foxfi and just as using the hotspot app that comes with the phone, foxfi goes and attempts to validate and the first response it gives is that the carrier and or manufacturer has locked down the feature.

New pick leaked today... looks like a different textured back will be available if you look closely at the black back...

69cd2c3d997d9e6906f6436782a58376.jpg

Looks like a case except for camera led

Sent from my Verizon LG G3 using Tapatalk

I'm thinking that's just a bad picture of the black .

No, I'm saying that's definitely a different back. See where the textured portion ends at the bottom and it appears like an insert into a frame unlike the Kevlar which simply wraps the entire back.

No, I'm saying that's definitely a different back. See where the textured portion ends at the bottom and it appears like an insert into a frame unlike the Kevlar which simply wraps the entire back.
Yes it sure does look different. My chin comment was about the front. Still a nice looking phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
It definitely appears to have some type of framing where the kevlar tucks into.. I hope it's not creaky cheap plastic... Moto wouldn't do that to a phone like this.. I hope.

Back