Droid X restarting itself when I connect to computer?

I too am having the reboot problem when I switch to USB MAss storage. Then after it boots up, it doesn't see the USB cord, so I unplug it, plug it back in (it's still in USB Mass Storage mode) and then it connects.

What a PITA! Thankfully it's the only issue with the phone.

Still good...havent had any random reboots yet. I guess it is safe to assume that the factory reset is the solution.

Sent from my DROIDX

Good thing I happened to do a reset after I installed the new update. Will test later.

Sent using my Xmas present (Droid X)

Still good...havent had any random reboots yet. I guess it is safe to assume that the factory reset is the solution.

Sent from my DROIDX

Sorry if I missed it, but were you getting random (any time) reboots? Or just when you try to connect to the PC?

Connected mine to the PC to transfer some photos...was in charge only...as soon as I changed it to the USB setting, it rebooted. Never did that prior to the 2.3.40 OTA...

Mine were random reboots. Haven't really connected mine to a pc in months since I really have no need to.

Sent from my DROIDX

i have been having the same issue, but i also notice that my phone is in usb debugging enabled when it boots back up. Not sure if i have it set enabled before it resets.

i have been having the same issue, but i also notice that my phone is in usb debugging enabled when it boots back up. Not sure if i have it set enabled before it resets.
Doesn't seem to make a difference. Mine is always in debugging mode.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Mine has been doing this since updat also. I have notice that it has usb debug enabled after boot up and i have to turn it off to get to usb mass mode.

Kind of a pain, but i was able to fix this so far. I backed up my data, transfered all my data off of my sd card, and did a factory reset. May be an easier way, but this did it for me. Afyer reset, let phone redownload apps and reset all accounts, then put info back onto sd card so now phone pretty much back to normal for now. Like i sid. It was a pain, but it seemed to work.

I have noticed that if I connect in "Charge Only" mode there is no reboot. If I select "USB Mass Storage" it will reboot.

This is using XP (3 different machines)

Same for me, minus XP. I'm running Mac OS 10.6.3

FWIW I did a factory restore (After backing up with MyBackup Pro) 3 days ago and it has not rebooted since.

I now keep my droid x in charge only mode.

Whether its xp or win 7 I can still access the sd card and do as i wish.

seems to be a MAJOR bug with 340 ...

Merry Christmas Everyone...dancedroid

Xcuse my ignorance but how do I change modes between charge only and etc..... I know on the incredibles it pops up auto when hooked to pc.....

For some reason I hooked up today 5-6 times with no issue with phone. But now it flashes the prompt window on my PC that would usually let me select "open folder to view files." So I have to go and open it manually, then move files.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

I now keep my droid x in charge only mode.

Whether its xp or win 7 I can still access the sd card and do as i wish.

seems to be a MAJOR bug with 340 ...

Merry Christmas Everyone...dancedroid

Xcuse my ignorance but how do I change modes between charge only and etc..... I know on the incredibles it pops up auto when hooked to pc.....

When connected to your PC, pull down the status bar, and select USB connection and you can change it there.

Also, for those having reboot issues:

Rooted- in TiBU, scroll down to usb1.1 and wipe data. That should fix the problem.
Nonrooted- go to settings/applications/manage applications/all tab/scroll down to USB and force stop.

Hopefully that works. If its already been mentioned then disregard.

Back