Data speeds (mbps)

Mine sucks. I'm in the nyc area and I top out under 2.

I called to complain and they're going to try a different sim card. We'll see. My droid x had way better reception.

mapd00d

zanshin825 said:
Mine sucks. I'm in the nyc area and I top out under 2.

I called to complain and they're going to try a different sim card. We'll see. My droid x had way better reception.

Bunch of NYC hipster dbags probably brought 4G to a crawl when the new iPad came out.

B

bens42608

this is very odd. I was just tethered to my laptop and did a speed test with 4 full bars of 4g and got my worst score ever- 4 mbps. I un tethered and tried again- same thing. A couple mins later I try again and hey my highest score ever! 31 mbps. Does this mean the man knows when I'm tethered and throttle me and un throttle me when I un tether?? How would they know? Is there a better explanation??????????????????????????????????????
Thanks

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
O

oDECREEx

bens42608 said:
this is very odd. I was just tethered to my laptop and did a speed test with 4 full bars of 4g and got my worst score ever- 4 mbps. I un tethered and tried again- same thing. A couple mins later I try again and hey my highest score ever! 31 mbps. Does this mean the man knows when I'm tethered and throttle me and un throttle me when I un tether?? How would they know? Is there a better explanation??????????????????????????????????????
Thanks

There is a forum on here that is all about the whole "throttling" controversy. D in the end we all figured out that throttling is only limited to 3g users..

OP
O

oDECREEx

bens42608 said:
Thanks

And when I tether using foxfi I usually pull in like 10-20. I play xbox on it actually cause my house Internet sucks. As for them knowing... Idk.. Maybe your phone acting at a bridge between you are tethering and your data?

deming

Both my LG G3 and Samsung S6 get 83/50 Mbps. However, once I tether using FoxFi wifi, my laptop only get 48/30Mbps. Then I go back to the phone and run another speedtest.net test and get the 83/50 Mbps. So my phones are getting about twice as fast speeds relative to my tethered laptop to same phone.

Any ideas on how to capture the full bandwidth from phone to laptop?