Considering switching to latest CM7 nightly

skytbest

Reaction score
I'm currently running Liberty 0.9 and I'm hessitant to switch to CM7. How stable are the latest nightlies? Is the only major issue the camera? Does Google Music Beta stream work via 3G? Also, when going from one nightly to the next do I have to wipe cache and data every time?

Thanks

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is pretty stable. The camera and pretty much everything else work. Only issue is battery life isn't the greatest.

When you flash a new nightly over an old one, just wipe cache and dalvik cache. No need for a data wipe

SSX v2.0

OP
S

skytbest

Reaction score
Gotcha, thanks! Is there any news concerning how close we are to a full release?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Gotcha, thanks! Is there any news concerning how close we are to a full release?

We are probably a long way off from a "stable" build, but the nightlies are overall great.

SSX v2.0

OP
S

skytbest

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm just worried about the battery life. It's pretty much less for everyone, right? It doesn't really differ too much from user to user.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's great on the d2. Pretty much everything works. Battery life is my only issue so far, but it's just too good to switch!

CM74D2

loki993

Reaction score
Yep same here. I think the battery life thing is universal, just about everyones having it. Its not a big deal though you just have to pay more attention and make sure you charge it while you can. I mean mine will make it a day, itll just be a lot lower then your used to.

dudemansir

Reaction score
i'm on Apex at the moment and enjoying it pretty thoroughly. Seems to be pretty great battery life and overall snappiness. why might i consider flashing to CM7?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's apex taken up a hundred knotches. You just have to try it for yourself.
No more flashing themes in cw (hundreds to choose from). Apply them instantly
Endless customizations
New build (nightly).... every night.
Supported by the devs
I could go on and on
I love apex, don't get me wrong.
Cm7 is just better imo

CM74D2-2.3.5

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree with ldopa. I love Apex; its my favorite GB ROM.

Only issue with CM7 compared to Apex is battery life.

CM74DX

dudemansir

Reaction score
Endless customizations
CM74D2-2.3.5

so while using the phone you can instantly apply themes? where are the themes available?

how do you apply the nightly builds? pop into recovery and flash right on top of what you already have?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Endless customizations
CM74D2-2.3.5

so while using the phone you can instantly apply themes? where are the themes available?

how do you apply the nightly builds? pop into recovery and flash right on top of what you already have?

Search CM7 themes in the market. Download them then use the theme chooser app. No need to reboot or flash.

To install a nightly over another, boot into Clockwork, wipe cache and dalvik then flash.

CM74DX

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You'll just laugh once you're on. It's just how our phones should be... truly ours.

CM74D2-2.3.5

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
have the builds come far? is battery really the only remaining issue?

That is the only issue I have had. Battery isn't that bad, but it is way worse than a custom GB ROM that's been tweaked for battery life. Its probably on par with stock.

CM74DX