Samsung Declarative Watch Face

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any idea what this is ? Google searches just add to my confusion . Something about an executable file that isn't supposed to use CPU because it doesn't do anything beyond translate code language . If that's even what it does as it was Greek speak to me .
I've never seen it before but supposedly it's been on every Wear watch that has Wear 4.0 and newer .
Screenshot_20240418_184138.jpg

Oh and my battery usage doesn't show LTE usage or the several hours of music monitor for my phone and its Bluetooth power usage

Darth Mode 10+

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's getting worse .
Still can't find it what it is
Screenshot_20240419_162313_Gallery.jpg

Darth Mode 10+

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Turns out this watch face is using CPU in the background , thus the reason the SDWF app is showing up as a user .
Screenshot_20240419-163753_Google Play Store.jpg

Darth Mode 10+

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since I stopped using any "Wear friendly " faces and went back to using the ones I made I have had no more issues with battery life .
I tried several others , all supposedly battery friendly and they were anything but .
I can't confirm it but it seems using battery friendly faces and using downloaded (instead of bloatware ) apps as complications is what is killing my battery so I went back to just using ones I've made with Watchmaker and can make use of the complications I prefer .

Darth Mode 10+

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I don't show Samsung Declarative Watchface in my battery stats. I'm thinking it's the name of a particular watchface?? (Ok, nevermind. I see where you mentioned that above).

This is all that shows in my battery stats...
f99cedd4ea00ae200c7c7ca462ec41cb.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't show Samsung Declarative Watchface in my battery stats. I'm thinking it's the name of a particular watchface?? (Ok, nevermind. I see where you mentioned that above).

This is all that shows in my battery stats...
f99cedd4ea00ae200c7c7ca462ec41cb.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Mine is almost normal on this charge . Play Store is acting up again but I just froze it for a couple of hours and it's working its way back down .
Screenshot_20240511-050604_Galaxy Watch6 Manager.jpg

Darth Mode 10+

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
After playing with aftermarket faces from the Play Store using the new software it seems the face will use quite a bit of cpu , thus battery , during customization of said face but little after .
I put a new face on my GW 6 , saw the declarative shoot up to 3rd highest user and stay there but the next time I charged the watch I let it get down to about 20% then let it fill up to 100% instead of my usual ~98% , which resets battery users report , and the declarative .... was gone and hasn't returned in 2 days even though I'm still using the aftermarket face .

Darth Mode 10+