fingerprint scan

me just sayin

Diamond Member
I was wrong. In several posts I was griping about the fingerprint scan being on the back and how inconvenient it was. Now I have my phone in hand, I found it is actually more convenient than when it was on the front. I found I can pickup the phone, place the index finger over the scan and turn on the phone faster than before. oh well, live and learn.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
I still prefer front but back is okay ...my only complaint on S8+ I don’t like placement and it rarely gets it on first try ...iris scanner is what I’ve been using

Sent using Tapatalk

I was wrong. In several posts I was griping about the fingerprint scan being on the back and how inconvenient it was. Now I have my phone in hand, I found it is actually more convenient than when it was on the front. I found I can pickup the phone, place the index finger over the scan and turn on the phone faster than before. oh well, live and learn.
I don't have it yet, still using my Note 7, but I agree! I played with the S8 in stores and it makes perfect sense!

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

cal3thousand

It's much more convenient on the back, I agree. Best for me is having my phone in my pocket upside down and reaching for it. I have my finger on the scanner before it's out of my pocket and the screen is on before I even look at it. No button pushes, just finger on scanner and it's open and on.

I don't see how Face ID nor other method could be any faster coming out of a pocket.

Miklb58

Silver Member
It's much more convenient on the back, I agree. Best for me is having my phone in my pocket upside down and reaching for it. I have my finger on the scanner before it's out of my pocket and the screen is on before I even look at it. No button pushes, just finger on scanner and it's open and on.

I don't see how Face ID nor other method could be any faster coming out of a pocket.
Exactly!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk