Galaxy Nexus Outperforms iPhone 4S

ex0rcist

Reaction score
There is so much false information here I don't know where to start.

The difference between the 4430 and the 4460 is this, some CPU's end up being better than others. When they're manufactured, some end up being able to run with lower voltage than others. What this means is the 4460 can run 1.2ghz with less voltage than the 4430. This is also why the 4460 is natively clocked at 1.5ghz, because it's stable at the same voltage the 4430 uses at 1.2ghz.

I can see you're a troll, but for the sake of the community I figured I'd correct at least that misinformation.

So my info is wrong how? Same chipset. Same die. Different manufacturing locations. Ive been building computers since 95. This is why cpus are code named differently.. even tho they r the exact same chip. sorry i didnt go as deep as you did to people who dont understand as far as i went. same chipset. Same die process. Troll.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

screaminz2002

Reaction score
Not to split hairs and get into the middle of your war but... always a butt :biggrin:

Sorry no one can really tell the difference between the two. It's pretty much just numbers at that point pushing two totally different displays.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not to split hairs and get into the middle of your war but... always a butt :biggrin:

Sorry no one can really tell the difference between the two. It's pretty much just numbers at that point pushing two totally different displays.

There is a difference, the 4460 is a better CPU than the 4430. It runs 1.2ghz with less voltage, which means your battery will last longer and will run at lower temperatures.

It also means you can overclock the 4460 to 1.5ghz and stay within safe voltage limits.

ex0rcist

Reaction score

Agreed the difference between a rzr and bionic or a rezound in processing power wont even be noticeable. Only in benchmarks. And we all know there are almost no benchmark programs that accurately bench any mobile os's or processors (of the phone flavor).. ive seen the nexus rZr and rezound have lower #s than my bionic and vice versa
Who cares. All very very capable devices. :)

ex0rcist

Reaction score
There is a difference, the 4460 is a better CPU than the 4430. It runs 1.2ghz with less voltage, which means your battery will last longer and will run at lower temperatures.

It also means you can overclock the 4460 to 1.5ghz and stay within safe voltage limits.

Dude. Its all a moot point. They've had the 4430 at 2.0 running stress test (100% cpu load) for hours and stayes within temp and volt specs. They take the cleaner chips and use them in higher clocked phones to help keep the batt life at an acceptable range... so again. Wrong.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dude. Its all a moot point. They've had the 4430 at 2.0 running stress test (100% cpu load) for hours and stayes within temp and volt specs. They take the cleaner chips and use them in higher clocked phones to help keep the batt life at an acceptable range... so again. Wrong.

Thank you for proving my point.

RobClay18838

Reaction score
It means that Ice-cream sandwich has much better browser rendering performance than Gingerbread (both Droid Razr and Galaxy Nexus are same processor speeds).

It also means that the 800mhz iOS is still a vastly superior renderer, because given a 50% increase in CPU speeds, it would leapfrog the Galaxy Nexus.

This is nothing to be proud of, it really just means that Android, even in 4.0 guise, is slower than iOS.

Seems like you need to know what your talkin about before you make comments like that. Ios doesn't do near what android does. Look how much more android has to offer, as well screen size on the nexus.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

ex0rcist

Reaction score
Thank you for proving my point.

Lol your original statement was its a diff chipset. And its not. Some bionics will be able to run same voltage at 1.2 ghz and some nex and rzrs ans rezounds will have to run more. Yes they select out of a better manufacturing run.. but its rlly luck of the draw.. if you've ever done any overclocking or any work on any computer you would know that's the case.

patriot95

Reaction score
Can the Bionic vs. RAZR arguments go somewhere else? Both good phones. Both with pros and cons. Grow up.

If you must argue that issue to death create a thread called "Bionic Outperforms RAZR" or "RAZR Outperforms Bionic". Then I can just avoid that thread in order to avoid you.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol your original statement was its a diff chipset. And its not. Some bionics will be able to run same voltage at 1.2 ghz and some nex and rzrs ans rezounds will have to run more. Yes they select out of a better manufacturing run.. but its rlly luck of the draw.. if you've ever done any overclocking or any work on any computer you would know that's the case.

Yeah, I've never done any OC'ing. My I7920 isn't running at 4.6ghz @ 1.54v with a dual rad WC system.

I never said they were different chipsets, if you knew how to read you'd see I said exactly what you just repeated, during production it's "luck of the draw" some chips end up running at lower voltages, they are called "high binned" chips and they named them 4460's and set them aside to put them in the Nexus.

mzjin

Reaction score
Seems like you need to know what your talkin about before you make comments like that. Ios doesn't do near what android does. Look how much more android has to offer, as well screen size on the nexus.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Seems like you're butt hurt over owning a Bionic? It's funny, those of us who can buy any phones we want aren't stuck with something on contract and pressured to defend our own purchase decisions. I'll buy and sell whatever works best for me. The Razr and Bionic are battery life failures, inferior screened phones as far as we're concerned here (and my Razr is getting returned when I get to play with the Galaxy Nexus), and if the Galaxy Nexus doesn't deliver, the iPhone 4S it is. Android can't do anything special at this point except use 4G and have bigger displays.

patriot95

Reaction score
Great. Another thread trying to get locked down. Now its turning into an I'm richer than you thread. READ the title of this thread and get back on track.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

mzjin

Reaction score
Great. Another thread trying to get locked down. Now its turning into an I'm richer than you thread. READ the title of this thread and get back on track.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

It's only those of us who can afford to spend money on tech that actually appreciate the tech and go with the best, we aren't locked into stupid fanboys who have to defend their purchase like their own family honor or something. Meanwhile Google and Apple are laughing at their rising stock values.

I bought a Droid Razr and it's a horrible device that likes to drop 3G data even when 4G is disabled. It's not even in the same league as an iPhone. These things start with must make phones calls -> must hold data signals -> Must at least work -> as minimum requirements.

OP
BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Good read

I thought so too. I have to admit, the G-Nex takes a hit on the GPU but it will still be a great and upgrade worthy phone. Hell my buddy(Apple fanboy) got a Bionic and passed on the 4S, then he had problems with his Bionic and got the Razr and he said both of those phones were better than any iPhone he's ever owned. Someone early said something along the lines of all these benchmarks and tests just being numbers, you're absolutely right, it's not about the numbers at all but how the phone "feels" in regards to speed and smoothness. He played with the 4S a few weeks ago and was glad he passed on it. He told me the Bionic "felt" faster than the iPhone 4S and the Razr blows it completely out of the water. So I'm not one bit worried that the G-Nex will be anything less in terms of the feel for speed. Thanks ICS. :D