Cracked my screen :(

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
Cracked my glass. Anyone tried the water damaged screen trick yet? Or successfully separated the glass and LCD?

Let us know if you try the water damaged screen trick. I've been trying to find a water damaged Nexus on ebay but haven't had any luck lately.

B

blakechan

Someone did [video=youtube;ndgBUhYIhaM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndgBUhYIhaM[/video] showing how to separate the digitizer from the LCD in Youtube, maybe you guys could follow the way they did...

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
Wow... that's pretty risky. But heck, if I'm tossing those entire assemblies, might as well try once.

MrAreCool

Reaction score
Well I've found numerous vendors that have different kits available to fix it. However I'm curious if the glass from any of the other models will be compatible...
I know this is kind of old, but it is the first topic that I found...

I am also wondering about parts compatibility between the different variants of phones. I just purchased the Verizon variant (SCH-I515) in rough shape, but good ESN, off of eBay for under $20. I am wondering if the screen and digitizer from the Sprint variant (SPH-L700) would work on it? I am seeing my of the Sprint versions with good glass and bad ESNs at the moment...

Thank you very much in advance for your input and/or for pointing me to a solution!

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
I know this is kind of old, but it is the first topic that I found...

I am also wondering about parts compatibility between the different variants of phones. I just purchased the Verizon variant (SCH-I515) in rough shape, but good ESN, off of eBay for under $20. I am wondering if the screen and digitizer from the Sprint variant (SPH-L700) would work on it? I am seeing my of the Sprint versions with good glass and bad ESNs at the moment...

Thank you very much in advance for your input and/or for pointing me to a solution!

Sorry for a late response, but I do not think the Sprint screen will work. The connections are different if I remember correctly.