Copy/paste problem

Bluesman2008

Long pressing a word in, for example, a text file, to copy it to the clipboard, doesn't always work. Sometimes I have to reboot too make it work. For example, I log into my online banking app and it's a pain in the butt to have to keep typing in my password so I copy it from a text file in my notepad and then paste it into the banking app. But it doesn't always give me the copy/paste popup. Is there a fix for this?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
You don't have it to sign in with you fingerprint or remember ? Most my apps I don't need to remember password they either use my face or fingerprint on sign in ..

LG G7

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Does copy paste fail only in banking app ? Or across different areas like browser ..

LG G7

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

It's the COPY part that doesn't work from my notepad. That's an encrypted text file where I keep all my serial numbers, passwords and user names. I can't copy out of that. It also won't copy for a word on a web page either.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm don't know other than maybe that notepad app needs clearing app data maybe a shot after backing up anything in it ..

LG G7

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

After some research, it appears the copy/paste function doesn't work in all applications. I guess my notepad is one of them....ratz.