Zoom text selection feature in DroidX

Se7enLC

Reaction score
DroidX has a zoom feature to make text selection easier. Check out 3:45 or so:
[video=youtube;9nQX4VeNNxc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nQX4VeNNxc]YouTube - Motorola DROID X review - part 2[/video]

Does anyone know what this feature is? Is it something that is DroidX-specific, or is it built into the AndroidOS? What are the chances of getting something like this turned on in a Droid ROM?

Spaniard85

Reaction score
I would assume this is Droid X specific, part of the Motoblur-that-isn't-Motoblur skin.

Hopefully the rooting communities' geniuses get the DX figured out quickly, because I'd love to get some of stuff from it on my Droid.

OP
S

Se7enLC

Reaction score
What do other phones that don't have hardware keyboards (N1, incredible, etc) do for selecting text?

Spaniard85

Reaction score
Honestly, besides the iPhone, I'm not sure. I haven't worked in my store (I'm a VZW rep but am currently performing military duties) for a couple of months, so I haven't had any hands-on time with the more current Android phones. All I know is that it seems that Android's current method of text selection is archaic at best.

microsnook

Reaction score
Wow, thats pretty sweet.
I think that would be nice to get on our droids if its possible.....even though we have a keyboard.