Z4root droid x

renton56

Reaction score
Well I just got the droid x and I was wondering if z4root works on the DX. I rooted my D1 with it and wanna find an easy way to root a virgin dx

OP
R

renton56

Reaction score
Well I tried dit yesterday and my DX was stuck on the motorola M .

OP
R

renton56

Reaction score
Ya it was like that all yesterday. So I went in and got a new dx this morning since the sales rep.was nice. But I dont wanna have 2 messed up phones in 2 days

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So you were stuck a the m and couldn't boot at all? And this was just after using z4root? That's a new one. Anyway it should work but I prefer the manual method.

tappin and a talkin

briguy503

Reaction score
I used z4 root on my Droid x, it worked fine after the OTA update to. Some had to uninstall then reinstall after the update.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I used z4 root on my Droid x, it worked fine after the OTA update to. Some had to uninstall then reinstall after the update.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Same for me: I did the update first, which un-rooted my phone, then used z4 to root my DX. It was fast and painless. No problems at all...

-Mike

detox

Reaction score
If you cannot take the time to fix something as simple as a bootloop, you have no right to be rooting. People returning their phones is the reason for this locked bootloader we have

detoXatappin on my X

detox

Reaction score
Srsly? Any explanation as to why?

tappin and a talkin

He didn't say. He just posted yesterday. That's why I checked this thread to see if anyone still had success. I just rooted my girls Droid 2 three days ago with it. I hope it still works. Its simple and fast. Don't know why it would cause bootloop though. Very puzzling

detoXatappin on my X

validoption

Reaction score
He also stipulated that it was in regard to newer versions than .340, which he has access to.
Btw...p3droid said z4root no longer works as of yesterday via twitter

detoXatappin on my X

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

detox

Reaction score
My apologies for flipping out. Just please if you are going to root, look into sbf process. Its simple and it will save your behind.

Sorry

detoXatappin on my X