Youtube did an update no playback now?

Duanevw

Reaction score
I have always been able to play YouTube on the droid x2 until it did an update last week. I even uninstalled the update and same problem. It says please tap to retry again. I did a battery pull just to be sure also.

Thanks

Duane, MI

rrokit

Reaction score
Same issue for me. Have not been able to do same for last 2-3 weeks. Built in browser doesn't play videos, nor does Dolphin up-to-date browser version or even the You Tube app. I had contacted Dolphin and they are supposed to get back to me but this should not have anything to do with the built-in browser or the app not functioning.

OP
D

Duanevw

Reaction score
Hi, same here no through browser or youtube last few weeks, if uninstall the update I can play 1 in 30 of a video. Before the all these updates I had no problem. All I know the stock youtube I had to update a year ago and it played everything untill the latest updates and the browser just keeps trying with a grey spindle gear instead of the Aqua blue when starting a video.

Anyways I read the latest reviews in the google store on YouTube and many are having the same problem across a wide range of Android base phones..

rrokit

Reaction score
well thanks for the tip about uninstalling you tube updates! Just did this and it appears to have solved the issue of no play videos for me. Thanks again!

OP
D

Duanevw

Reaction score
I didn't solve my problems, but was able to play a few videos after the uninstall of the updates. Glad to hear it cleared you, now Im really puzzled.. :(

rrokit

Reaction score
I didn't solve my problems, but was able to play a few videos after the uninstall of the updates. Glad to hear it cleared you, now Im really puzzled.. :(

Just checking back to see if your problem is resolved. If not, one thing you may want to look into is whether or not you have your phone set to automatically download updates. If so then you may be just downloading the same updates over and over and recreating the problem each time. I reverted back to the original you tube app and now refuse to allow any updates...and it's still working.

tituswife

Reaction score
Bump

I haven't updated the app, because the reviews say you lose your playlists. Would that still exist through the Internet? Also, does anyone know of any way to back up all of that info?

Thanks so much!

Sent from my Note 2 using SwiftKey

OP
D

Duanevw

Reaction score
Just checking back to see if your problem is resolved. If not, one thing you may want to look into is whether or not you have your phone set to automatically download updates. If so then you may be just downloading the same updates over and over and recreating the problem each time. I reverted back to the original you tube app and now refuse to allow any updates...and it's still working.

Sorry for the late reply back, problem solved and I can play any YouTube video I toss at the Droid x2. This time I hardware wiped my droid during startup and made sure no auto updates period on all apps. Been fine for 3 weeks. I HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE THIS SUMMER AND ALL I DID WAS UNINSTALL THE YOUTUBE UPDATE AND DID. A BATTERY PULL. (This wasn't the case a few weeks ago and thats why I ended up posting for answers.

Thanks for your concerns and Im glad I did help a few to this up also.

Duane, MI