Your first Bionic Drop

brianlayman

Reaction score
So when was the first time you dropped your new baby/Bionic and how'd it fair?
--
I'd just taken the rubber cover off of mine and set it half on the bathroom counter. It fell about 3 feet and the cover popped off and the battery fell out. But it booted up ok and with no visible damage. For some reason I didn't have any Internet for over 10 minutes and another reboot took care of that.

I'm fine with it coming all apart if that helps spread the energy of the drop and protect the good bits..

jstwondrng

Reaction score
So when was the first time you dropped your new baby/Bionic and how'd it fair?
--
I'd just taken the rubber cover off of mine and set it half on the bathroom counter. It fell about 3 feet and the cover popped off and the battery fell out. But it booted up ok and with no visible damage. For some reason I didn't have any Internet for over 10 minutes and another reboot took care of that.

I'm fine with it coming all apart if that helps spread the energy of the drop and protect the good bits..

** Knock on wood ** I've been very fortunate not to have any drops... And, for a while, I was rocking it nude!

Jstwondrng

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Yikes! Glad it's ok! Since Dec of 2009 I've only dropped my phone once (on concrete, no case - no damage) and that was enough for me!

Sorcerer

Reaction score
Dropped mine yesterday.. Just a couple hours shy of 1 week old.
had the extended battery in it, & it was in the 'slide in' belt clip case.

Unfortunatly, it landed perfectly on the top front edge, (just above the speaker) where this case doesn't provide any protection. :(
So, now the top edge looks a bit like a dog chewed on it, but otherwise, no damage.

martytoo

Reaction score
Yikes! Glad it's ok! Since Dec of 2009 I've only dropped my phone once (on concrete, no case - no damage) and that was enough for me!

Could I hire you to hold and dial the phone for my son? He is on his second Barrage (ruggedized phone). He liked the first one so much that we bought the exact same model on ebay so that he wouldn't need to deal with the new thick version. Some report running over the Barrage with a truck without killing it.

Tillmorn

Reaction score
Dropped mine two nights ago while sitting on the porch. Thankfully it was only about a foot and a half drop without a case. No damage or anything, but I felt a little sick to my stomach to say the least. Since then I've been handling it like a newborn baby!

BigZig

Reaction score
Dropped mine yesterday good thing it was from seated position with hard case on it, on to carpet so no damage.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Mine will be in an Otterbox! ;-) I drop my current phone sometimes just to show people how awesome the otterbox is... Kids...don't try that at home! xD Good to know the Bionic won't explode!

Could I hire you to hold and dial the phone for my son? He is on his second Barrage (ruggedized phone). He liked the first one so much that we bought the exact same model on ebay so that he wouldn't need to deal with the new thick version. Some report running over the Barrage with a truck without killing it.
I had a friend who had a similar phone and it doesn't work well now because he ran over it with his truck but it was open!... :blink: When its closed its bulletproof! Not sure why he did it with it open... 0.o

J

JriderG

I dropped it in the toilet....then flushed.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Anathema

Reaction score
I have been treating mine like a newborn baby, luckily this has a power button...

Graymayre

Reaction score
I threw my OG Droid out of the car window going 75 in order to prove to my wife that she meant more to me than it did. I then pulled over and went back to get it and it worked fine for another several months m, though it had a nice gouge in the metal casing of the screen from its impact with the rumble strip (I had tried to aim for the grass, I failed). Screen was undamaged.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

mandragora

Reaction score
Mine went flying after a sudden car stop (I did not have it in the dock.) Landed on the carpet, No damage.

monkey_man

Reaction score
Yikes... (knock on wood) I dropped my OG droid multiple times over the long period that I had the phone. The only problem with that phone was signal and 3G quality. I also spilled a coffee on my OG droid. The phone was stuck!!! I quickly pulled the battery out, and put it in a heater to dry. The phone restarted and still working well!! The only impact from the coffee was a sticky slider :D . Yesterday I've almost dropped my phone :frown:. The phone was placed on a 3 ft table with carpet floor. I charged the phone using a long USB cable extension. This extension cable should be a warning sign to me that there would be a higher risk of getting the line tangled by any bypassers. Luckily that bypasser was me :D, and luckily I also had the quick reflex to caught the phone before it touched the floor with a naked body dancedroid. I would cry and left so guilty had the phone been dropped at such a young age. The only thing that I had to do is to re-insert the usb jack as it had been yanked abit. I hope the jack will still be fine, and as it stands, the phone still able to connect to PC and charging well :) .

Last edited: