- Oct 6, 2011
- Reaction score
When Qualcomm announced Quick Charge 2.0 I like many of you went out and grabbed up lots of chargers. I have atleast 10 of these. Some of these are wall chargers, and I have a handful of car chargers. It has been confirmed that the Nexus 5X does not include Qualcomm's Quick Charge 2.0. This was surprising since it does include some sort of Quick charging with Google's 5v/3A output charger. I was kind of holding out hope that the my fast chargers would work.
Droid-Life has done some testing with various fast chargers on the Nexus 5X and 6P here is what they found:
- Samsung Fast Chargers(9V/1.67A): Will charge both the 6P and 5X, but won’t rapid charge either. Tested with a USB Type-C to USB A cable from Google.
- Motorola “TurboPower 15”(5V/1.6A, 9V/1.6A, 12V/1.2A): Will charge both the 6P and 5X, but won’t rapid charge either. Tested with a USB Type-C to USB A cable from Google.
- Motorola “TurboPower 25”(5V/2.85A, 9V/2.85A, 12V/2.15A): Won’t charge 5X at all. MicroUSB tip can’t be removed, so I tested with a USB Type-C adapter. (Couldn’t test on 6P.)
- Aukey QC 2.0 Powerbank(5V/2.1A): Will charge both, but won’t rapid charge either.
- OnePlus Adapter(5V/2A): Registers as “charging rapidly” on Nexus 6P. (Couldn’t test on 5X.)
- Tronsmart Type-C car charger(5V/2.4A): Registers as “charging rapidly” on 5X. (Could’t tes ton 6P.)