Yellow/Carbon Fiber MM Theme - WIP

y0rk

Reaction score
Working on a theme and want to get some feedback. Here are some shots of what I have done so far. Yellow Clock and Network banner on the pulldown. White text for the notifications. Carbon fiber status bar and colored pulldown. Created new status bar icons for the clock, batteries, signal and data, wifi, bluetooth, and gps. New yellow icons for the power control widget. New usb connected pics.

Themed pieces of Camera, CarHome, Contacts, DeskClock, and Facebook. Still working on some others.

Have really only tested this on Chevy's SS4.4, but its in MetaMorph format so there isn't anything in there that shouldn't work on other Froyo Roms. Just make sure and backup before you try it. And that way you can always go back easily if you didn't like it. You can push pieces of it that way too. It's in the newer .xml format and reboots a couple times in the process if you go through them one at a time. The status bar, pulldown and new status icons are all in the framework-res along with the white text for the pulldown. The yellow clock is in the services.cpy section.

I'm thinking about trying some other colors too so any ideas would be cool.

Just extract this and put it in your MetaMorph folder on your Sdcard.
http://www.nu-york.net/misc/AndroidThemes_YellowCarbon_MM.zip

Here are some of the new icons enlarged.
y0rk-albums-screen-shots-picture1552-icons.jpg

y0rk-albums-screen-shots-picture1547-homescreen.jpg
y0rk-albums-screen-shots-picture1550-pulldown2.jpg
y0rk-albums-screen-shots-picture1549-facebook.jpg
y0rk-albums-screen-shots-picture1551-usb.jpg

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Looks good! Maybe make the usd droid yellow and maybe a yellow battery. Keep it going.

OP
y0rk

y0rk

Reaction score
Looks good! Maybe make the usd droid yellow and maybe a yellow battery. Keep it going.

I started with the USB guy blue cuz it fit in with the orig SS theme and just haven't gotten around to changing him yet. The battery changes colors as it charges and drains but with the numbers there you really can't see any of it. Been kinda stuck deciding what to do with them. The pics at the top kinda look like crap from blowing up the small icons. this is where i started with them
y0rk-albums-screen-shots-picture1562-newbattery.png

Thanx for the suggestions

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
Looking good

Not seen many yellow themes yet.
Might have to use that one when I put my steelers dialer back on for football season since I never made a full theme for that. :)