Yall crazy. Go easy on dis noob.

merpaderp

Reaction score
What's happening DF.net? Yall know that anytime you Google anything about Android, this forum is usually at the top of the list, right? That's crazy. Mad respect. Those other guys ain't got nothin on yall.

Anyways, here's my dilly:

I'm about 6 months past my NE2 and trying to get rid of this paperweight called the BlackBerry Storm. I've waited for that long cuz that's when I heard about some new dual core hotness that's coming out. So it's about December when some new info's out and I'm tryin to look up some pros and cons. That's when I ran into two words that would rock my world for the next 2 months, and possibly the rest of my life...

Unlocked. Bootloader.

I was sitting here tryin to figure out, "what the heck does this mean??" and "will I still be able to text with it???" Ya gotta understand that this is the first time I'm even lookin at a new phone in 2 years. I've missed so much about mobile technology, it's like coming out of an ignorant-a** cave and seeing the bright sun in all it's glory for the first time.

So I'm doin my best to catch up. Reading every article I can find. I'm officially hooked to the idea of custom roms, so that "dual core hotness" I was lookin at not even 2 months ago... it's not happening... for now.

So that's it! Thanks for your time!

Dis gon be fun. :)

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum, glad ur jumping at the chance. so much to read and learn. good luck on ur new found success

Aloha from Hawaii

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: glad you found us! be sure to check out the Droid Discussions section for all things Droid related, and then head over to our separate section devoted entirely to the D1 - tons of info, and plenty of people willing to help out. we have awesome hackers and rom developers in here - you won't believe the beast you can turn your phone into! i'm with you - the dual cores can wait until the hackers do their thing!

jump in, get involved, don't hesitate to ask questions, and enjoy the ride! :)