Yahoo Small Business Email

sjack86

Reaction score
I just got a Droid HTC and I like it more than my storm except for the email portion on the phone.

I have Yahoo email for all of my email address'. I got my personal email to work but for my Company email they use Yahoo Small Business Email. I do the set up exactly like my other yahoo email. The first part works and I can have it set up to get the mail but I can not send messages.

When I enter all of the
SMTP Server- smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com stuff and when I hit next button it says that my user name/password is invalid. I know that it is right because it is letting me move on from the first step in the process. The small business email is [email protected]

Any help would be great. I am pretty sure it can be done as I have read on the forum that other people have gotten it to work.

thanks in advance

OP
S

sjack86

Reaction score
Never mind did some more research and found out how. You enter different stuff that you do for the regular Yahoo email. Here it is:

Incoming Mail Server (POP3): pop.bizmail.yahoo.com Use SSL, port: 995
Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com Use SSL, port: 465, use authentication

jbrumlik

Reaction score
Thank YOU!

Thanks sjack86, I tried everything and everywhere to get my yahoo bizmail to work and your formula worked. Awsome! :)

lgvirginmobile

Reaction score
I know this is an older post so I am not sure if anyone will respond but here goes. I was also having trouble accessing my Yahoo bizmail thru my phone...it would easily download the "parent" e-mail but not the sub-emails that I use. So I used the codes as instructed here in this thread:

Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com Use SSL, port: 465, use authentication

And it worked beautifully....BUT the only problem I have now is that if I access my e-mail on my phone...and lets say I have 10 new e-mails...even if I do not read them...and then access my e-mail on my pc...the e-mails are there but show up as "read". If I do anything with the e-mails on my phone such as read or mark as unread...they still show as "read" on my pc. This only happens when I try to access e-mails from my phone. If I am on my pc all day...new e-mails come in as unread as they should.

Does this have to do with SSL or port or ??? Please help, Thanks

rlmelco

Reaction score
Thanks sjack86, I tried everything and everywhere to get my yahoo bizmail to work and your formula worked. Awsome! :)

Unfortunately, they have not worked for me. Those are the same settings that I successfully use for Outlook, but they will not work on my phone.

Does anyone know of any other server settings for accessing Yahoo bizmail on Android phones?

larsonszoo

Reaction score
Thanks, sjack86!

I had all but given up on accessing my Yahoo biz e-mail. Your instructions worked perfectly. Sending and receiving just fine. Thanks for doing the work of figuring it out, and thanks for sharing the solution.

bmerrill

Reaction score
Yahoo Bizmail policy change??

I just got a Droid X a couple of weeks ago. I've downloaded the Yahoo Mail app, since my personal account is on a small business account address.

Upon launching the application, I get this message, "Sorry. We only provide freemail data for Bizmail accounts. Do you want to view freemail data?"

If I say yes, then it tries to sync contacts (whose idea was that?), which I refuse, and it then goes to the freemail account associated with my bizmail account.

I cannot locate anywhere in the application to change SMTP or POP3 settings, although it appears in this thread that others have been able to do that.

Any thoughts?

larsonszoo

Reaction score
Be sure to use manual setup

When adding the new Yahoo business mail account, be sure to catch the option to set up the account manually, rather than the automatic search. Enter your mail address and password, and the following:

It works great on my Droid X (thanks to SJack's post).

rusticofutah

Reaction score
Yahoo small business email syncing solution!!

Ok all, I researched all over the internet, called Yahoo, etc. etc. but I could not find a solution to syncing my yahoo small business account on my droid. I troubleshooted for a while and finally found a solution that allows you to:

1 - SYNC your Yahoo email (and not pop it)
2 - SYNC your EMAIL FOLDERS so that you can access them and use them on your phone (This was VITAL for me - couldn't use the phone otherwise).

Since I never found this solution but finally figured it out my wife insisted I share it to help others.

Here are the steps:

1 - Go to SETTINGS on your phone and select ACCOUNTS
2 - select ADD ACCOUNT
3 - select EMAIL ACCOUNTS
4 - select OTHER (not yahoo!)
5 - Enter your your email address**
** I have 2 email accounts - (myname)@(mybusiness).com & (sales)@(mybusiness).com Because of this I used the account that captures both of them; that way they are all in one email account. I believe anyone that has yahoo small business email can use the same; it is webmaster@(yourbusinessemail.com)
6 - Before hitting next UNSELECT the AUTOMATICALLY CONFIGURE ACCOUNT box

7 - For GENERAL SETTINGS name them whatever you want, keeping the email the same ([email protected]) then click OK

8 - Select INCOMING SERVER
select IMAP MAIL SERVER
in the "Server:" section type: imap.mail.yahoo.com
in the "Username:" section type your email: webmaster@(yourbusinessemail.com)
select ADVANCED SETTINGS
select the USE SECURE CONNECTION box (the port should be 993).
click OK
select VERIFY SERVER (it should verify "Success!")
click OK

9 - Select OUTGOING SERVER
in the "SMTP server" section type: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
in the "Username:" section type the USERNAME that you enter to access your email from Yahoo's log-in page
in the "Password:" section type the PASSWORD that you enter to log-in to your email account
select ADVANCED SETTINGS
select the USE SECURE CONNECTION box (the port should be 465)
click OK
select VERIFY SERVER (it should verify "Success!")
click OK

10 - Click OK

THAT'S IT! This syncs to my business email accounts. If I move something to a folder from my computer or phone it changes it on my phone and computer email. If I delete it, it deletes it on my phone and computer email. It takes a little while (10 minutes or so) for the syncing to take place so just be patient.

I actually own a furniture store and am not a computer guy (just a good troubleshooter I guess). If this works for you, GREAT! Feel free to like my company on Facebook as a thank you. Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More