yahoo mail: sent email duplicates

quint15

Reaction score
anybody else having problems with there email accounts sending hundreds over duplicate messages. i replied to an email from my phone yesterday and i checked the send messages just a while ago, and the reply was sent over 300 times. i have no clue why its doing this. please help.

thanks jacob

dukenilnil

Reaction score
Having exact same issue and would be interested in a solution. I had yahoo turn off "saving a copy of sent mail" to see if that works, but ultimately, I'd like to have a copy of sent mail saved (but only 1 copy!)

gstring

Reaction score
I thought I was crazy. Same problem, but I'm not convinced all my replies are getting through. Very strange.

TatDroid

Reaction score
Yes, I commented on this in another thread. It's happening to me, too. Sometimes as many as 800 copies of the same "sent" email. I have confirmed that the recipient is receiving the email message, and that they are only getting it once, but for some reason it appears multiple times (sometimes hundreds of times) in the Yahoo mail sent folder. I'm sure this has to do with the fact that, officially, the Droid does not support Yahoo mail. Many of us have found a way to make it work - but there are obviously some bugs involved with the way we've got it set up...

10ACTony

Reaction score
I went into the sent mail folder and deleted all the multiple messages, now today they are all back again. This sucks.

arcsum68

Reaction score
i googled this earlier, found someone that said delete the account and readd it

i have not tried it yet, let us know if it works for you

raven1911

Reaction score
Tried removing and reinstalling accounts and it did NOT work. I think the best solution is to turn off saving sent emails on your yahoo account.

a73

Reaction score
I emailed yahoo support and after a "thorough investigation" they told me to delete all of the duplicate sent messages and it would not recur. I deleted over 19,000 duplicates! Checked this morning and about 600 duplicates are back, and i think that they're duplicates of messages sent from my droid since the mass deletion, not my PC. aarrgh!! Funny thing is that I'm only seeing the duplicates in the web version of yahoo (i.e. mobile web version of yahoo mail on my droid's browser, or PC version) but NOT on the Droid's default mail application. Would be happy to know if anyone finds a solution.

home38er

Reaction score
This is the saddest thing about the Droid, IT Cant do email well... yahoo, outlook/exchange, POP3, IMAP whatever it is I think this is lame.
Motorola, Google, Verizon WTF? EMAIL has be out for well over a decade think you wouldn't have beta type bugs on such a standards based application...

polack

Reaction score
Come on, This is ridiculous. no one has figured out how to deal with this? I'm getting sick of deleting twenty thousand emails once a week. Please someone, If you've figured this out please post.

Oldride

Reaction score
I was having that multiple Texting problem also, found it to be the Anti-Virus app was constantly trying to update. As it was attempting to update multiple Text Messages were being sent out to the party I was Texting with. I deleted the Anti Virus App and downloaded the Advance Taskiller App to shut everything down I didn't need when the phone was off. I have had no more problems sense.

Hope this Helps...