Yahoo Email

anmarie897

Reaction score
I set up yahoo email on my droid. the only time my phone shows new emails is when i turn it off and on. i have the frequency set for every 15 min. but i never get new alerts.

i also want to set up my work email, outlook express. i cant get it to show my new email at all.

help!

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
I set up yahoo email on my droid. the only time my phone shows new emails is when i turn it off and on. i have the frequency set for every 15 min. but i never get new alerts.

i also want to set up my work email, outlook express. i cant get it to show my new email at all.

help!

Stupid question, but you have notifications enabled in the email app right?

Also, there are some bugs with the stock email app, I don't find them to be a problem really...

-sometimes wont delete emails
-unread emails get notifications even when you already got notifications for the same email

Reaction score
Free Yahoo mail accounts do not generally include IMAP or POP3 support. Yahoo allows mobile devices to check Yahoo mail by allowing connections coming from cell phone provider IP addresses to connect to Free Yahoo mail via POP. So it works when you're on 3G but when you're on WiFi, it's not allowed.

This is a Yahoo issue, not a droid issue.

Reaction score
Well strictly speaking not a problem with google, its a problem with yahoo. They don't have POP or IMAP support for anything but mobile phone IP's, and your wifi is over your home ISP.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This explains alot.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Well strictly speaking not a problem with google, its a problem with yahoo. They don't have POP or IMAP support for anything but mobile phone IP's, and your wifi is over your home ISP.

This is correct, while I do have POP and IMAP support (paid) with yahoo, I do not have it setup this way on my Droeeeed

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to

help!

I don't use this feature, but here is a guide I found that might be of some use in getting you configured properly:

How to Set up Exchange ActiveSync - Motorola Droid (A855) - My Verizon Users

Additionally, if you have problems connecting with your work exchange. Hit up your IT guys to help get you connected.

Unfortunately for me, my work does not allow me to connect with their exchange server due to my device being a personally owned device, sucks.

CBLJazz

Reaction score
I bought the app ROID because the yahoo mail thing is for my wife and she's not as techy as me and i've heard nothing but headaches with yahoo mail and the droid.

she's been using it for 5 days and is loving it.
ROID is as good as her blackberry setup before.

ROID is not free though but it's cheap and i think less headache is worth $5. That's the cost of a bottle of Excedrin.

ROID setup was super easy- i simply put in the username & password, like gmail (sweeeeettttt)

on the same note try
TOUCHDOWN (not cheap $20)- for exchange (again i think not free but affordable)

Last edited:

cpat7054

Reaction score
Hey guys is there a way to uninstall or delete the old yahoo app (the one before the official yahoo app came out). Right now I have both and really only want the yahoo one.

harrellj

Reaction score
Hey guys is there a way to uninstall or delete the old yahoo app (the one before the official yahoo app came out). Right now I have both and really only want the yahoo one.

If you go to settings > applications > manage applications you can't remove it there? Alternatively, if you go to the market and then your downloads, you should be able to uninstall that way as well.