Wtf?

MotoFreak2772

Reaction score
I left my phone to charge last night, wake up and my red light is flashing but the charge light is on. I reconnect charger and take a shower. Come back and red light is still on along with charging light. I unhook it and it says under 5% please reconnect. I put it back on and search the forums. Didn't find anything so I unhooked it again and this time it shows 100%. I know csb... but jw if anyone else had this issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I left my phone to charge last night, wake up and my red light is flashing but the charge light is on. I reconnect charger and take a shower. Come back and red light is still on along with charging light. I unhook it and it says under 5% please reconnect. I put it back on and search the forums. Didn't find anything so I unhooked it again and this time it shows 100%. I know csb... but jw if anyone else had this issue.

This is a known issue. On rare occasions Droid has been known to give out false battery indications. It will show you down to 5% and in reality you have a charged battery. It will probably only happen once, maybe twice, and it is nothing to worry about.

KevinJ

Reaction score
Nearly the same thing happened to me last night. I had used the phone, and it had about 90% when I went to bed. This morning the Red LED was on, saying less than 5%. I plugged it in, and within 10 minutes it was "done."

I've had this a few times over the past few months. First time freaked me out, but now i just roll with it and wait for a fix (if it ever comes).

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
are you stock or rooted. When I set my overclock profiles to 800/125 I had the exact same thing. I had to hook it to a power source and set the setting back to 800/250.

gruve

Reaction score
This happened to me 2 weeks ago, unrooted. Didn't use my phone all day, was leaving work and was flashing 5% remaining.... 40 min ride home with traffic, still 5%. Got home put it on the charger, 90% remaining.

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
It's happened to me twice and I've had the phone since December. When it happens, I shut it down and re-install the battery. Upon reboot it comes up good to go...

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Several points. First, battery monitoring software is notoriously unreliable. Sometimes the readings just get "confused" and report completely erroneous results.

Second, battery drainage is not linear. The drop between 100% and 90% for example, may be completely different from the drop from 50% to 40% in terms of the amount of use that produces such a drain.

Finally, I think many people encounter an anomalous battery incident early on in Droid ownership. In my case the battery seemed not to charge at all overnight, staying at about 30% of battery remaining when I took it off the charger. Put it back on and within 10 minutes it was fully charged (at least according to the monitor.) Happened only once.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
I get why people use such abbreviations when texting (160 character limit) and instant messaging (for faster response to keep the conversation flowing), but why on a discussion forum?

If you're using a full keyboard, have a character limit that's either in the 1000's or non existent, and response time is usually minutes or hours or even days, then why not spell it out? It's one thing to abbreviate commonly used terms within the general subject matter of the forum (BB, VZW, DF, etc) but to abbreviate the actual conversation?

I guess I'm just getting old.

[not picking on you specifically snappingfish, just the whole online abbreviation thing in general]

Ok, I'm done... Carry on. :)

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I get why people use such abbreviations when texting (160 character limit) and instant messaging (for faster response to keep the conversation flowing), but why on a discussion forum?

If you're using a full keyboard, have a character limit that's either in the 1000's or non existent, and response time is usually minutes or hours or even days, then why not spell it out? It's one thing to abbreviate commonly used terms within the general subject matter of the forum (BB, VZW, DF, etc) but to abbreviate the actual conversation?

I guess I'm just getting old.

[not picking on you specifically snappingfish, just the whole online abbreviation thing in general]

Ok, I'm done... Carry on. :)

I also feel your pain. The only reason I even know what some of the abbreviations mean is because I have a teenager. I can't even seem to get into the abbreviations when I am texting except for the very common ones.

MrTommy

Reaction score
Unable to slip into abbreviations

All my 1950's / 60's schooling absolutely prohibits my getting into this 21st century way of writing. It's just a 'thing' with me I guess.

Damn, I'm trying to keep up..... :lifting: