wtf wallpaper after 3x wipe?

kijutsu

Reaction score
I was wiping in preparation for a different ROM installation.

I did the required 3 to 5 times wipe of the data, cache, and system partitions. In addition, I wiped the SD-Card. I do not have a SD-Apps partition configured, nor have I ever.

Why the hell, for that matter, where the hell is the wallpaper from the old ROM coming from? Specifically, it's a CyanogenMod wallpaper that's sticking around even after I install Bugless Beast v0.5

Can ANYONE shed some light on this? It would be greatly appreciated. I don't want stuff from previous ROMs screwing stuff up on a new ROM.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thats really unnecessary...depending what ROM I switched to, I got my old wallpaper back too. Do you have auto sync on? Google may be backing up your wallpaper.

OP
kijutsu

kijutsu

Reaction score
Thats really unnecessary...depending what ROM I switched to, I got my old wallpaper back too. Do you have auto sync on? Google may be backing up your wallpaper.

Even before google syncs back up I have the wallpaper, so I'm 99% sure that it's being picked up locally.

*EDIT*

I guess what bothers me, is if there's a wallpaper hanging around, what else is hanging around from the previous rom?

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
depending on the rom, lots of times your wallpaper will persist after a wipe. it's just a background. lots of things "hang around" even after a wipe - like your gallery pics, your music, etc. i wouldn't be too concerned about it. :)