WTF Multitouch browser on N1???

DroidHoff

Reaction score
Okay so the N1 has been out a few weeks now and already Cyanogen has hacked it to run multitouch from the stock browser! I know we can have multitouch if we use the milestone rom but there are bugs in that rom as there are in most. So why won't somebody patch this for the Droid it'd been out substancially longer and yet we have no simple fix. I have not read if this patch is part of a new rom from Cyanogen so apologies for my rant if it is no dif than what's available to us.

Elysian

Reaction score
Okay so the N1 has been out a few weeks now and already Cyanogen has hacked it to run multitouch from the stock browser! I know we can have multitouch if we use the milestone rom but there are bugs in that rom as there are in most. So why won't somebody patch this for the Droid it'd been out substancially longer and yet we have no simple fix. I have not read if this patch is part of a new rom from Cyanogen so apologies for my rant if it is no dif than what's available to us.

You can run the Milestone browser, with multitouch, without running the Milestone rom... It's already been posted in this section in the past...

Stigy

Reaction score
You can run the Milestone browser, with multitouch, without running the Milestone rom... It's already been posted in this section in the past...

This is correct.

With root, the stock browser can be replaced with the Milestone's multi-touch browser without flashing the entire Milestone ROM.

natty_lite

Reaction score
I've been running the multi touch browser on my stock (rooted) 2.01 ROM for the past 3 weeks.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Still doesn't make much sense, both are made by google, and yet they won't add it on one device, but add it on the other. Sounds quite dumb. (This is about the N1 and droid, not the milestone)

samiusmc

Reaction score
Why don't you just use the Dolphin Browser? It has multi-touch and the recent update changed the UI and it's awesome now.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Awesome?

No.

2.0 update sucked. Look at how many bad reviews came through after it dropped. Not only is the free version ad based now, but the UI is less user friendly, and its a resource hog. It actually slows my phone down.

I've also read a slew of bugs were introduced.

drewshaver

Reaction score
you can also try xscope, it has both pinch zoom and somehting called pin zoom - intuitive one-handed zoom action!! (very cool)

btw i haven't had any problems with new dolphin..

also, as far as why milestone and n1 in europe have stock multitouch.. see editorial from engadget: no proof, but relatively light shedding
Editorial: Google's multitouch dilemma -- Engadget

victorythagr8

Reaction score
Still doesn't make much sense, both are made by google, and yet they won't add it on one device, but add it on the other. Sounds quite dumb. (This is about the N1 and droid, not the milestone)

Nexus 1 doesnt have a stock multitouch browser. You have to have root to install the hacked multitouch browser into the nexus. Similar to what you have to do with the droid milestone browser port.

drewshaver

Reaction score

Nexus 1 doesnt have a stock multitouch browser. You have to have root to install the hacked multitouch browser into the nexus. Similar to what you have to do with the droid milestone browser port.

Actually, N1 USA doesnt have stock pinch zoom. Europe N1 does. Read the article i linked above. It is likely there is some very shady **** going on here btwn google and apple.

OP
DroidHoff

DroidHoff

Reaction score
Man I am ignorant! I dint know how I missed that thread! anyway thanks for reading my rant!

Newton122189

Reaction score
Man I am ignorant! I dint know how I missed that thread! anyway thanks for reading my rant!

No problem dude, and like I said if you do it the way I detailed at the bottom it is reversible without using you backup, like always though make a nandroid backup

nerdbox08

Reaction score
you can also try xscope, it has both pinch zoom and somehting called pin zoom - intuitive one-handed zoom action!! (very cool)

btw i haven't had any problems with new dolphin..

also, as far as why milestone and n1 in europe have stock multitouch.. see editorial from engadget: no proof, but relatively light shedding
Editorial: Google's multitouch dilemma -- Engadget

I haven't had any problems with Dolphin either. I find xscope to be.... lacking in the UI department itself, even if the 'features' are better. If xcope looked nicer, I might try it again, but I'm sticking with Dolphin for now.