WSJ: Verizon IPhone Confirmed!!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I see no reason to jump to it...
haven't needed it yet, can't see ever needed to have one.

vmspionage

Reaction score
Okay, I'm not as techy as most ppl on here so, help me out a little here...

...what can the iPhone do that an up-to-date Android device cant?

Because after playing w/ them as an employee @ AT&T, to me they are mad overrated.
The only thing I'll give Apple is that there are more apps in their store and less market fragmentation so apps tend to be less buggy across devices. Besides that I agree with you, it's an overrated fanboi phone.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Android phone manufacturers had better ease up on the bootloader lockdown when the iPhone comes to Verizon. I think the only edge they have is Google intergration and "geek" cred. When I had an iPhone 3GS I liked the phone but hated the network.

I hate to use an internet meme but...

S*** just got real.

caboyzcoti

Reaction score
This is a pretty weak confirmation, but if true and network speed suffers significantly I will be switching to someone like Sprint. :cus:

i agree with u, especially if they are gonna continue to release the higher end of android phones, love my d1 but i want something with a front facing cam AND physical keyboard

Reaction score
Who cares?! My brother has an I*hone and my D1 rooted blows it away! Google Voice, wireless tether, Liquid Froyo custom rom, google navigator. The I*hone is pretty but that's about it.

fenriswolf039

Reaction score
I call BS on this.... AGAIN

There are no sources cited in the article other than "these people" and "people briefed on the matter".

pyro6128

Reaction score
Haha there are a bunch of clowns in this thread looking to jump ship. I guess android phones are just too technologically advanced for them. Or just not enough fart apps. The LTE phones coming out will obliterate the iphone on the spec sheet.

ultrastigi

Reaction score
First rule with iphone. Never buy the first gen. That goes for anythin apple does.

Second rule droid > iphone anyday.

Droid does better than ianything.

jrl9851

Reaction score
I cannot understand how ANYONE would want to switch over to an iphone after owning an android phone. It seems borderline stupid. I had an iphone 3g and 3gs and switching over to android was the best thing I've ever done (tech wise).

Spanky

Reaction score
I'll stick with my X thank you very much.

BTW, don't we hear one of these "iphone to VZW" rumors once a month?

JDLUKE

Reaction score
This is getting pretty annoying, hearing that the iphone is coming to Verizon ever month or so. To be quite frank, I don't care. I love my droid and will most likely stick with android for as long as I own a cell phone. I also have an ipod touch 3g, which gives me the "best" of both worlds.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'll stick with my X thank you very much.

BTW, don't we hear one of these "iphone to VZW" rumors once a month?

Verizon is not saying exactly denying this rumor.

From PCworld.com:
At a press conference at the CTIA conference in San Francisco, Lowell McAdam, Verizon's president and chief operating officer, said to look for an announcement about a Verizon iPhone from Apple.
"This is one of those things that rolls out every few weeks whether there's a basis for it or not," he said when asked to comment on the story. "I can't give you any insights. But I think Apple is the one that has to make that announcement."

...rest of the story here:
Verizon Exec: IPhone News Will Come From Apple - PCWorld Business Center