Would you have waited for the HTC Passion?

TheCleaner

Reaction score
Just curious. If the Droid had the 1ghz processor I can answer that as "No"...but man that processor and G sensor sound inviting!

I really like the Droid, but knowing that I'm pretty much stuck with it for 2 years now makes these new phones on the home screen consuming me with a mild case of "buyer's remorse".

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Don't be fooled by "that proccessor"

People are falling into that whole thing. It's not that big of a deal and it certainly will not be outperforming the Droid to the extent that many seem to think.

Would I have waited? No. I have no interest in anything from HTC. Personally I am not impressed with their hardware at all. Never have been.

Moto and Android are what brought me over.

Mojo

Reaction score
I agree with you CK! Passion IMO was way overhyped in early leaked details

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
I was waiting on the Omnia II / Omnia Pro--as soon as I saw & read up on the DROID my waiting for a phone was over.

- Mega

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
what is the g sensor? i know i know i could google but I'd rather make conversation :)

Realistic

Reaction score
the droid is my first smartphone because I never really had a need for mobile internet and the 30 dollars more a month further turned me off from them. Then the droid comes along and impresses me enough (along with android os) to shell out the extra 30 bux a month. I think i would have waited, but I will be happy for a while.

I'll just tell myself that I'll wait for the next good phone. I would like to see an android phone with a nvidia tegra chip in it plus 4g is gonna happen at some point within two years.

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
I tend not to need the "next hot thing". I evaluate whether or not something can meet my needs, both practical and impractical, and if it does, I buy it. I expect to keep the Droid until 4G is widely deployed and if I decide there's some feature there that I can't live without I'll look again.

bots

Reaction score
Isn't a G-Sensor just another way of saying accelerometer? Or is a G-Sensor more advanced in some way? I googled it and all of my results showed that they are both the same thing.

jkayner

Reaction score
i bet the processor will be underclocked to 7xx when it ships. It also lacks a KB which i have to have, so the answer is no. Now if they had a Passion 'Pro' with a KB, then i possibly would have waited. I had a case of perfect timing, the Droid came out right as my 2 years was up.

Laurence5905

Reaction score
I was actually looking at the HTC Imagio (WinMo 6.5) when I heard about the upcoming Droid. And, as it happened, my "new every two" discount kicked in on the very same day the Droid was released (how's THAT for a coincidence). It just seemed like all the stars aligned, so I bought the Droid instead of the Imagio. Zero regrets here. None.

Having said that -- with the rapid pace of technological development, it doesn't matter what you buy. In two months there's going to be something else that's slightly better/cheaper/faster/whatever. So get the best you can at the time and enjoy it! My Droid is easily good enough to last me the full two years of my new contract, no matter what is released by whom in the meantime.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No Way

I like the looks of the Passion. I do, but the Droid is about as good as it gets to me. I haven't even gotten the update yet either. I may get a Passion for my third line when it's released, but wait. No way. The next time I move it will have the be a newer version of the :motdroidvert:

GeLopez

Reaction score
what about the price of the passion? does anybody has an idea how much its going to run?

love my droid, would not change it.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
somebody else brought up an interesting observation that I overlooked.

Having a Google branded phone we are only seeing the beginning here.

Your stuck with Sense. Yes you can turn it off but other than that your essentially stuck with it. Without rooting what you see is what you get.

With Google branding the sky is the limit. Something to think about.

Google wants nothing to do with Sense

Last edited:
OP
TheCleaner

TheCleaner

Reaction score
somebody else brought up an interesting observation that I overlooked.

Having a Google branded phone we are only seeing the beginning here.

Your stuck with Sense. Yes you can turn it off but other than that your essentially stuck with it. Without rooting what you see is what you get.

With Google branding the sky is the limit. Something to think about.

Google wants nothing to do with Sense

What do you mean exactly? Is Sense an HTC app or feature or something that we don't get but Google doesn't even want to mess with? I guess if I knew what "Sense" was your post would make more sense. :D

Royal2000H

Reaction score
Sense is the customization HTC apply to their phones... Those nice widgets on the home screen, etc....

Since they change that actual firmware and don't just add apps, if a new Android version comes out, you have to wait until HTC edits their Sense version before you can use it...