would you buy an extended life battery if it made the phone bigger?

Would you mind a slightly bigger phone for more battery life?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• other, there is always an other...

• Total voters

pmracing

Reaction score
the new battery would come with a new cover and made the whole device maybe twice as thick...
it would still be thinner than the Droid.

Mikeeee

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope, and only because Seidio is making an extended battery that will not increase the size of the phone. You will still be able to use the battery door that came with the phone if you buy their "Innocell Slim Extended Life Battery".

Innocell Extended Life Battery

I would also assume that any extended battery that makes the phone bigger will mean that you can no longer use the media or car docks.

mhotovec

Reaction score
Nope, since the update I've not come even close to draining the stock battery. I don't see me buying a new battery, much less one that increases the size of the phone.

Jolest

Reaction score
the new battery would come with a new cover and made the whole device maybe twice as thick...

Mikeeee
You've got a very confusing poll going here...

The size of your battery starts ambiguous, gets huge, and then shrinks again. First, you ask if we'd be interested if it created a "slightly bigger" phone.. but "slightly" is not very specific. Then you talk about it making the phone "twice as thick"... which sounds huge Then you say it's still "thinner than the Droid"... which could be ok...

No single battery can be all of these. Please figure out a specific thickness and then re-ask the question.

OP
P

pmracing

Reaction score

Mikeeee
You've got a very confusing poll going here...

The size of your battery starts ambiguous, gets huge, and then shrinks again. First, you ask if we'd be interested if it created a "slightly bigger" phone.. but "slightly" is not very specific. Then you talk about it making the phone "twice as thick"... which sounds huge Then you say it's still "thinner than the Droid"... which could be ok...

No single battery can be all of these. Please figure out a specific thickness and then re-ask the question.

I'm not the engineer. It was just a general question. I certainly hope that no forum members were harmed in my abuse of ambiguities.... ;)

Mikeeeee

JeremyJesse

Reaction score
Neg.

Bulk is OUT. It's too easy to just connect to a wall, computer, car or any other method. Ill take the slim design/proper sizing for accessories along with the small burden of keeping up the cable, kthx ^^:greendroid:

SpecialEd

Reaction score
Why not? I would love to only have to charge once a week. And my battery case has already fallen off once, so maybe the battery could actually stay on better?

JeremyJesse

Reaction score
I could see your point, but the batterlife itself is already impressive. It also depends on your desire for accessories. Im not normally a case person, but I purchased the simple rubber one and I feel its a wise investment, Having the screen flush with the surface is recipe for disaster. It also holds in the pocket really secure due to the rubber gripping the inside of the pocket itself.

Silver Member
Reaction score
after seeing seidio's solution for their extended battery, no way. it looks like they've added a pencil holder.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
after seeing seidio's solution for their extended battery, no way. it looks like they've added a pencil holder.

That battery door just looks horrible. Even if I had a case to cover it up and didn't mind the added bulk, I couldn't handle knowing what it looks like under the case. :icon_eek:

phone

Reaction score
I could see using this for something like a long flight, but not for daily use. I'm going to wait for the extended life, no form factor change variety.

Gags1892

Reaction score
The phone's battery is rough...and the huge one you guys are speaking of is the 3500 mAh battery.

Once they release the 1800 mAh or 1500mAh slim, it won't be bad.

Silver Member
Reaction score
provided the slim version actually gives another 25% in battery life, you'll have to do the math to find out if it's worth it to you to spend another $40-50+ on another battery.

scenario:
with moderate use (email, web, text, moderate phone usage) you achieve about 18hrs of continued use before the battery absolutely drains. you should be able to sustain another 4 or so hour of use on the same battery.

scenario:
with heavy use (1-2+ hrs of game play, gps navigations, streaming internet) you achieve about 4-5hrs of continued use before the battery absolutely drains. you should be able to sustain another 1 or so hours of use.

of course this is assuming the slim battery will really be 1750mAh and that it performs to OEM specifications and that in an ideal world, you really get as much life as cell size you increase, but that's not always the case.

i would say you'd get HALF (at best) of each of those scenarios.

still worth the extra $50?

Silver Member
Reaction score
The phone's battery is rough...and the huge one you guys are speaking of is the 3500 mAh battery.

Once they release the 1800 mAh or 1500mAh slim, it won't be bad.
where are you pulling these numbers from? seidio has only announced two batteries. one is pre-shipping now and is only 2600mAh and the other is rumored to be 1750mAh.