worth waiting for S5 or not?

picpose

Reaction score
I dropped my iPhone 5 in water for second, and it's not working at all, though I took it out immidiately and left it in a bowl of rice for 2 days already. Not going to send it out for repair as costs are probabaly too high. Time for a new. Given this tendency, removable batteries become a feature to consider cuz I’ve already dropped almost all my phones in toilet for at least once lol.
Does anyone also have any idea about Galaxy S5? I really hope S5 have a metal-body/removable battery options. Do you think it is worth waiting for it?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
From the rumors I've heard it's going to be a metal uni-body phone, which means no removable battery. However, I've also other rumors that a plastic version of the s5 would be made, which pretty much means removable battery.

To find out whether it's worth waiting for or not, you'll have to wait for Samsung's event later this month where it's also been rumored the s5 would make its debut. Until then, I'd take the rumored specs and features with a grain of salt.

Rhino94

Reaction score
Honestly I say just upgrade to the LG G2 bc tht is a pretty decent phone I have heard because it will most likely be months before we see it in stores.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Honestly I say just upgrade to the LG G2 bc tht is a pretty decent phone I have heard because it will most likely be months before we see it in stores.
I don't know about OP, but I wouldn't be able to settle with a "pretty decent phone".

The Samsung event is Feb. 24, if OP can hang on that long to see what the s5 is about (assuming it'll make its debut there), then I would wait.

MarBearCat

Reaction score
I'm due for an upgrade in March and waiting with great anticipation on
the release of this phone. Currently using Droid Razr Maxx.

=^.".^=

GAstorino

Reaction score
Just curious about the Galaxy and everyone wanting a metal body. Every single person I know puts a case on their phone as soon as they get them so you never even see the body of the unit. Get a metal case. The only ones I know who don't have their phones in a case are my friends that have the Iphone and everyone to the last drop has a cracked screen on the unit. Amazing. If its a choice between removable battery and metal case the battery for me has to win every time.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I don't think Sammy will produce a phone that does not have a removable battery. I would rather see a carbon fiber case rather than metal for weight purposes. I guess we will all know in the few days.

Join us here for the latest updates.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm totally with Jeffrey on the carbon, but for yet another reason. A metal case tends to shield the internal components to the extent that the signals will not be as strong, which would also make the battery work harder. The metal does not add functionality only bling. You can keep it.

skipbl92

Reaction score
I'm due for an upgrade in March and waiting with great anticipation on
the release of this phone. Currently using Droid Razr Maxx.

=^.".^=

Same here, but 2/28. I am grandfathered, so the S5 would have to be awesome to lure me.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I dropped my iPhone 5 in water for second, and it's not working at all, though I took it out immidiately and left it in a bowl of rice for 2 days already. Not going to send it out for repair as costs are probabaly too high. Time for a new. Given this tendency, removable batteries become a feature to consider cuz I’ve already dropped almost all my phones in toilet for at least once lol.
Does anyone also have any idea about Galaxy S5? I really hope S5 have a metal-body/removable battery options. Do you think it is worth waiting for it?
First order of business for you is to stop using your phone near a toilet:icon_eek:, and if you do need to use the phone in the john, make sure your rear end is on the toilet before taking out the phone to look at it:biggrin:, and third, I say wait for the S5 which is right around the corner, since it might be water "toilet:biggrin:" proof. In the meantime try to find something real cheap to hold you over.

Caesars

Reaction score
If you can make it that long without a phone, it will be worth waiting just to see what all comes out (gs5,1+, all the other competitors).

Note3/iPhone5s

Fightnfire

Reaction score
My Galaxy Nexus has been dieing a slow death for the last couple of months. I picked up a Note 3 this weekend and decided that if the S5 unveiling blew me away I would trade the Note 3 in, 14 day return, and tough it out on the Nexus until the S5 was out.

I love the Note 3, amazing battery life, and see no reason to take it back.