wireless tether not working with bb 2.1

ucpro

Reaction score
so i just installed the tethering app which is 1.70 alpha and it doesn't work on bb. i went on the code.google.com site and i don't see any tether for 2.1...has nyone gotten tethering to run wih 2.1??

blackngray70

Reaction score
What is BB 2.1? There's a Bugless Beast v1.0 is that what you're referring too? If so wireless tether is working for me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

warrior21

Reaction score
I have BB V1.0 and barnacle works just fine for me. Give it a try

OP
U

ucpro

Reaction score
Yeah my bad, its bb 1.0 running 2.1 os. I haven't tried barnacle yet, but what version of wireless tether are you running. Im not sure why my computer wont recognize it

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
What I did was - go to the Market and search for "wifi tether" - three came up: Barnacle Wifi Tether paid/unpaid (which I haven't tried). And Wireless Tether for Root Users --- which is what I'm using. Try that one.

When I go to help about -- the version of Wireless Tether for Root Users is 2.0.1 (riding a pony) :p That's what it says, lol.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
so i just installed the tethering app which is 1.70 alpha and it doesn't work on bb. i went on the code.google.com site and i don't see any tether for 2.1...has nyone gotten tethering to run wih 2.1??

You installed the app but did you install a kernel that supports tethering?

In your second reply, you mentioned that your computer was not recognizing the phone. What are your settings?

Mike

OP
U

ucpro

Reaction score
hmm i didn't know the app was on the market...i guess i've been trying to run an outdated version, but now it connects!! that's awesome thanx fellas!

Dxun

Reaction score
Barnacle is the only 1 that works for me. It stats connected unless a phone call comes in of course. The Widow Tether that comes with some Rome out there disconnects constantly.