wireless teather

bigkhan

Reaction score
have any of you that are rooted installed wireless teather yet? You know the one you use for free. I use this all the time, and wanted to be sure it works before I go buy this phone.

OP
bigkhan

bigkhan

Reaction score
sorry dont know how I missed the thread half way down the page.

mikespe

Reaction score
Could you provide a link to the other thread? I can't seem to find the one you mentioned. Thanks

Wera750

Reaction score
Were can I find info on stopping verizon from tracking my wireless tethering? You mentioned something in the video...

zedomax

Reaction score
[video=youtube;X-xpkszC4GE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-xpkszC4GE[/video]

You can try this but the devs are still working on it to verify this will stop tracking. But don't try this folks YET. And if you are just going to use tether hack lightly, you don't need to do this, and plus don't abuse the tether hack like download bittorrent off it, thats surely a way to get anyone's attention including verizon. Use common sense when tethering for free, don't overuse it!!!

Wera750

Reaction score
I may use wireless tethering 1-5 times a month. Guess I'm safeish.

Now if they can just crack the data throttling...

brianlayman

Reaction score
Am I the only one who finds this guy's videos less than 100% awe inspiring? I hope he's not offended if he's here reading this, but both videos had surprise issues in the middle of them when things didn't work. In the last video he mentioned his bionic periodically refuses to boot because it detected a security problem because he deleted stuff?

zedomax

Reaction score
Am I the only one who finds this guy's videos less than 100% awe inspiring? I hope he's not offended if he's here reading this, but both videos had surprise issues in the middle of them when things didn't work. In the last video he mentioned his bionic periodically refuses to boot because it detected a security problem because he deleted stuff?

Someone's gotta bite the bullet first, I only recorded the video while I did it my first time but it should help others to get it working! No, not offended, they call me a android-guinea-pig.

OP
bigkhan

bigkhan

Reaction score
Anyway thanks, I still have to try to hide my feathering from verizon. Since I think there going to catch us using there app for free. I was never worried about using wireless teather but there own app. Well it will do until someone figures out howww to get a 3rd party app to work.

brianlayman

Reaction score
Someone's gotta bite the bullet first, I only recorded the video while I did it my first time but it should help others to get it working! No, not offended, they call me a android-guinea-pig.

That's true. It did provide the information I needed and it worked! So thank you! Still, you should preface the video with the note that you are doing it for the first time. It makes the surprises much more acceptable. Thinking you'd done this a bunch of times before, the oopses made me much more worried. :)

Cheers!