Wireless Moot

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Alright... It just says <waiting for device>.
I'm assuming that means it doesn't see my phone. I turned on USB Debugging and put it in MPT mode.
I rebooted into the fastboot screen before doing the command...
system.img is kinda big... Perhaps it just takes a long time?

Where are you at with this? Did you figure it out?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope. Yet ANOTHER different person. See what I have to deal with now? :)
We're just getting confused keeping all of your support "tickets" straight. And those are only the few that you tell us about *LOL* Seriously though, as a person who supports (l)users all day, I feel for ya!

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
We're just getting confused keeping all of your support "tickets" straight. And those are only the few that you tell us about *LOL* Seriously though, as a person who supports (l)users all day, I feel for ya!

And yet, I leave no one behind. Even the 905 FXZ person is now repairing their install. Yes, I get pissed and frustrated from time to time, but, everyone gets helped.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I figured it out!
You have to run moto-fastboot as sudo for it to work. xDDDD
Now flashing system.img! ^^

Yea, I forgot to add that to the faq. Sorry. See the script I wrote is easier. :p I'll update the faq.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
jayrod said:
4000!

I just want to thank all the people who made this possible.
Sarge, for creating a thread full of Moot, and enjoyment (especially the bricking triple play...AWESOME!)And for giving as much info as possible as to what's going on out there.

Sam, for coding your a$$ off, getting the HOB able to keep up with the leaks, and getting us to what is hopefully OTA..today!

Omfg just let that go xD

Sent from my 1.404 ghz 3605 quadrant score ICS .246 DROID BIONIC

jayrod

Reaction score
If someone tells you that you should be ashamed of yourself tell them it's your goat and you will do what you want with it.
That'll shut them up!

jayrod

Reaction score
Omfg just let that go xD

I'm sorry...everybody has done something that they regret later. It's just slightly more funny when someone who definitely knew better and knows more about these files ,has a lapse in judgement. :p

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Re-railing now.... that's an impossibility
This thread is going to go down in DF history. We've got to ensure that it never dies! Even when the Bionic is no longer a relevant device, I propose that the thread live on! Viva La Bionic! dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
jayrod said:
I'm sorry...everybody has done something that they regret later. It's just slightly more funny when someone who definitely knew better and knows more about these files ,has a lapse in judgement. :p

I did it on purpose :p

Lodmot

Reaction score
Also, your slashes are backwards.
So the correct typing for the commands is actually:
Code:
[COLOR=#3e3e3e][FONT=Verdana]./adb push ics_247.zip /sdcard-ext/ics_247.zip[/FONT][/COLOR] 
[COLOR=#3e3e3e][FONT=Verdana]sudo ./moto-fastboot reboot-bootloader[/FONT][/COLOR] 
[COLOR=#3e3e3e][FONT=Verdana]sudo ./moto-fastboot flash system 905_FXZ/system.img[/FONT][/COLOR] 
[COLOR=#3e3e3e][FONT=Verdana]sudo ./moto-fastboot flash boot 247/boot.img[/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=#3e3e3e][FONT=Verdana]
sudo ./moto-fastboot flash preinstall 905_FXZ/preinstall.img[/FONT][/COLOR]
Please note that this worked for me, but I also had the files/folders set up my own way, so this might not work for other people/other Linux distributions

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Also, your slashes are backwards.
So the correct typing for the commands is actually:
Code:
[COLOR=#3e3e3e][FONT=Verdana]./adb push ics_247.zip /sdcard-ext/ics_247.zip[/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=#3e3e3e][FONT=Verdana]sudo ./moto-fastboot reboot-bootloader[/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=#3e3e3e][FONT=Verdana]sudo ./moto-fastboot flash system 905_FXZ/system.img[/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=#3e3e3e][FONT=Verdana]sudo ./moto-fastboot flash boot 247/boot.img[/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=#3e3e3e][FONT=Verdana]sudo ./moto-fastboot flash preinstall 905_FXZ/preinstall.img[/FONT][/COLOR]

Please note that this worked for me, but I also had the files/folders set up my own way, so they might not work for other people/other Linux distributions

No they're not. :) I fixed that a while ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.