Wireless charging interfering with wifi calling?

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Does anybody know if wireless charging interferes with wifi calling, or any other activity occurring over wifi?

I'm starting to notice a trend here. What I'll do when I get home is put my phone into Airplane Mode and turn on the wifi. I do this because Verizon's signal is rather poor at my house and even the network extender doesn't help. At night when I go to bed, I'll put my S6 on my wireless charger to charge overnight while I'm sleeping. The most frequent thing I've noticed is that any text messages that come through to me don't actually show up on my phone until the next morning when I take it off the charger.

Last night, I apparently got a call after I had put the phone on the charger. I only know because there was a voicemail waiting for me when I took it off the charger this morning...and it was from work since I'm on call this week. There was no missed call notification, and as stated, the voicemail notification didn't show up until I took the phone off the charger and took it out of Airplane Mode.

Before I got the wireless charger, I did plug the phone in to charge overnight. Unfortunately at the time, I was not using wifi calling in the same manner that I am now so I can't fully confirm things were working then. I recall getting texts, emails, etc overnight during that timeframe, but again...not in the same manner I'm using the phone now.

So...could wireless charging prevent wifi calling from working?

jplemt

Reaction score
Have you tried making an outgoing call while charging? Maybe see if that does anything different

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

OP
IIGood

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I have not. I'll give that a shot as well.

I think I'll have a few things to test out to test this theory.

OP
IIGood

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I just tried making a call:
-With Airplane Mode turned on,
-With wifi on and connected to my wireless network,
-And while on the wireless charging cradle.

I only dialed my voicemail. On the first attempt, the call would not connect and was almost immediately dropped.

On the next 4 attempts, the call successfully connected and went through right away.

Guess I have some other testing to do with other variables. So far I guess I don't see wireless charging interfering with making calls via wifi given the results of this test. I must just have some bad luck.