WinterBoard Theming Engine Allows The Installation Of PlayStore Themes Without a Rom

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you love themes like me then you may be pretty excited to know that WinterBoard has made it's way over to Android! CryOS users know Winterboard as the way to apply themes to their devices. Developer "Suarik" claims that with the use of the WinterBoard theming engine you will be able to apply most Google Play CM style themes without first installing a Rom. This could be great for users who can get root for their device, but for whatever reason their bootloader is locked and they are forced to run stock. Winterboard requires you to first have the Cydia Substrate installed and also to be rooted. I will definitely be trying this out! Who else is excited?

Via Google Play

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Yes!!!

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I used Winterboard on every iPhone I had back in the day. It worked very well. If Winterboard comes to Android....ya....that will be badass! Buuf was my alltime favorite. If that makes it to Android..../drool!!!

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain how this all works ?
How does this tie in with Cydia?
So if I have Winterboard installed, does this mean that I can completely theme my device, including system properties, navigation bar, wallpaper and icons???