Will Verizon stores get demo Xs anytime soon so we can try it out early?

just4747

Reaction score
I don't usually follow phone releases early like this, but when does Verizon usually get demo versions of a well-known, flagship phone like this?

Is there a chance it will be in stores to try out before release? Or is it usually on or right near the release date?

Sorry if this was asked already, didn't see it anywhere!

Last edited:

hendrix

Reaction score
The Droid didnt go out until release day. I would assume most phones are like that.

soba1

Reaction score
U know those sadistic momdickers like to torture us....:icon_evil:

OP
just4747

just4747

Reaction score
Waaa that blows. You'd think they'd want us to see for ourselves how it is first and probably win over more potential buyers. Oh well.

soba1

Reaction score
Waaa that blows. You'd think they'd want us to see for ourselves how it is first and probably win over more potential buyers. Oh well.

"Come with me and you'll see a world of pure imagination, what you see will defy imagination"
Willie Wonka Choc factory...........:icon_ lala:

Like they give a fat rats a$$ about us gadget freaks.....

OP
just4747

just4747

Reaction score

"Come with me and you'll see a world of pure imagination, what you see will defy imagination"
Willie Wonka Choc factory...........:icon_ lala:

Whaatttt did you say Gene Wilder?? LoL

soba1

Reaction score

sic0048

Reaction score
Why would a store want to display a phone they cannot sell yet? It would just cause confusion. Besides, they want you to buy a phone and service when you are there. They don't want to give you a reason to have to walk out of the store and wait another 15 days before buying something. You could potentially end up looking at other phones/carriers and they would loose the sale. Even if someone bought another phone today and learned about the Droid X after it was released, they could swap phones during the 30 day window.

So I cannot imagine a scenero where a store would display the Droid X prior to launch date. It just doesn't make good business sense.

lchavez289

Reaction score
Our stores can't get them because, just like preorders and online orders, we don't get our shipments until the release day =[
Trust me, I wish I could get my hands on that beast!
My store is excepting $100 deposits, I'm in Peru, IL if anyone wants to preorder. Trust me its wayyy better to buy from a store then online anyways, we do Warrenty swaps, and 30 days in store swaps.
Email me if ya have any questions.

OP
just4747

just4747

Reaction score
Wish they at least provided dummy phones so we could see the size in person, but whatev.

yurdle

Reaction score
I talked to one of the guys at my local verizon store and he didn't have an exact date but he said that they will have a demo available a few days early so that people could check out the phone. I only asked because I wanted to compare the X to the incredible hands on. I have a feeling X will win my vote, but still want to be able to mess around with each one and see what one I like better.

So no exact date.. but confirmed it will be a few days early for the store near me.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Our stores can't get them because, just like preorders and online orders, we don't get our shipments until the release day =[
Trust me, I wish I could get my hands on that beast!
My store is excepting $100 deposits, I'm in Peru, IL if anyone wants to preorder. Trust me its wayyy better to buy from a store then online anyways, we do Warrenty swaps, and 30 days in store swaps.
Email me if ya have any questions.

...How you doin'?