will this work with IMAP email not just pop3?

Benton

Reaction score
I use 1&1 webmail and have only been able to do so with pop so far.

orfyyn

Reaction score
I am currently using 1&1 imap e-mail but using K-9 as the mail application. I tried to set it up using the default e-mail but it did not sync properly. I would constantly get messages that I had deleted on my work e-mail client (either the web-based one from 1&1 or Outlook). Have not had any issues with using it on K-9.

Here are my configuration settings within K-9:

Incoming server settings:
IMAP Server --> imap.1and1.com
Security Type --> None
Authentication Type --> Plain
Port --> 143

Outgoing server settings:
SMTP Server --> smtp.1and1.com
Security type --> None
Port --> 25
Require Sign In --> Checked
Authentication Type --> Plain

Also, once I had configured and connected to the server. All of the messages that were in my Inbox began streaming in. This process took a LONG time since I had over 1500 messages in my Outlook client. Might be a good idea to do some "spring cleaning" beforehand if necessary.

Last edited:

pilotguy

Reaction score
yes, it will work with 1and 1 imap. I have yet to get it to work with my (large) company exchange server. Called company ip support. They won't support this phone yet for reasons they did not specify.

pilotguy

Reaction score
As I recall, I just followed the breadtrail for setting up a new account under the email app. The results were:Incoming server: imap server: imap.1and1.com, port 993, security type ssl. Outgoing server:smtp.1and1.com, port 587, security type None, check Require sign in. Hope this helps.

OP
joker402

joker402

Reaction score
i get stuck at the pop username pop server

my email is [email protected] so I dont know how to import that into the account. when i did it threw K-9 i used Incoming server imap.1and1.com Outgoing server:smtp.1and1.com but i cant figure out how to do this way.

pilotguy

Reaction score
That's the problem. It is not a pop account. imap leaves the mail on the server. I use it on the phone so that I can read my mail during the work day, and have the pop account on my desktop for follow-up. You need to configure an imap account by using 1and1 as the incoming and outgoing server and imap as the type, not pop.

OP
joker402

joker402

Reaction score
o thats probly why it only works with K9