Will the razr maxx hd get rooted

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Htc may have found away to prevent hackfoolery on their one x and the atrix
Hd hasn't been super rooted. Now i see we are going on week 3 of the razr m and no root.
So you think the razr maxx hd will get rooted and how long after release. If the razr maxx hd can't be rooted will that prevent you from getting it.

Me personally ill give up the bootloader but will not give up super user. So if the razr maxx hd can't be rooted then i will buy a different phone.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

nateohio

Reaction score
pc747 said:
Htc may have found away to prevent hackfoolery on their one x and the atrix
Hd hasn't been super rooted. Now i see we are going on week 3 of the razr m and no root.
So you think the razr maxx hd will get rooted and how long after release. If the razr maxx hd can't be rooted will that prevent you from getting it.

Me personally ill give up the bootloader but will not give up super user. So if the razr maxx hd can't be rooted then i will buy a different phone.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I second your sentiment...since I'm paying full retail for my next device anyways...I'm sure as hell not buying a device that isn't unlocked

jjbinks82

Reaction score
Dittos here.

Like old chinese proverb, "No root no buy".

Well, not really a chinese proverb but the principle still stands....

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I like to believe that banks, power plants (including Iranian nuclear plants) and such are much more secure than the software on my phone; yet, they get hacked all the time. That these phones will "never" get rooted is a far-fetched idea. Where there's a will there's a way....where there's a hacker/developer there's root access, eventually.

jjbinks82

Reaction score
I know you mean. It will. Only thing is when. With all the phones out there flooding the market it's tough for developers to stay up with just one phone. I've got my fingers crossed it'll be before the phone even his the market.

I'm buying this phone full price so here's to hoping....

drew96dawg

Reaction score
My contract is up at the end of november and if this isn't out and rooted im going to buy a note 2

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Unless samsung trips over themselves at the last minute and the american versions are crappy compare to what we seeing with the international version, the razr maxx hd has been dropped to the second choice. Motorola really hurt themselves waiting this late. More phones are coming out and we are seeing a lot of hands on thanks to youtube reviews. The only edge motorola has with the razr maxx hd is the battery life and smaller size (for those who want a one handed phone). And at this point they better get it out before more reviews and phones are released. Dont get me wrong motorola will sell the maxx hd because of the battery life but they lost a lot of potential buyers by waiting this late. For me the pendulum was swinging back and forth between the maxx hd and note 2 with the maxx hd having the edge at one point despite having half the ram. Now with news of the maxx hd having antenna issues (one of the reasons I was going to choose the maxx over the note 2 was because of the radios) the pendulum has swung back in the direction of the note 2.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Unless samsung trips over themselves at the last minute and the american versions are crappy compare to what we seeing with the international version, the razr maxx hd has been dropped to the second choice. Motorola really hurt themselves waiting this late. More phones are coming out and we are seeing a lot of hands on thanks to youtube reviews. The only edge motorola has with the razr maxx hd is the battery life and smaller size (for those who want a one handed phone). And at this point they better get it out before more reviews and phones are released. Dont get me wrong motorola will sell the maxx hd because of the battery life but they lost a lot of potential buyers by waiting this late. For me the pendulum was swinging back and forth between the maxx hd and note 2 with the maxx hd having the edge at one point despite having half the ram. Now with news of the maxx hd having antenna issues (one of the reasons I was going to choose the maxx over the note 2 was because of the radios) the pendulum has swung back in the direction of the note 2.

+1 and specs in general note 2 blows the maxx hd out of the water the note has a removable 3100mah battery so we may see 5000 mah extended batteries and if that's true the maxx is inferior in every way

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
+1 and specs in general note 2 blows the maxx hd out of the water the note has a removable 3100mah battery so we may see 5000 mah extended batteries and if that's true the maxx is inferior in every way

except durability (surviving a drop test). But that is what cases are for.

On to the next.....

Cuz soon I hope to be doing this:

[video=youtube;CBFgwzAMWkQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBFgwzAMWkQ&feature=g-all-u[/video]

Just have to decide between vzw or at&t and white or grey.
Leaning towards vzw grey. As long as the note 2 can be rooted I am game for vzw. Take away root ill go elsewhere but I am getting the note 2.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
No physical keyboard again. However, that's a great looking screen and processor combination!

I heard that the root exploit has already been discovered. Im also thing grey vzw now just have to decide 16 or 32gig

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
hope ya right :biggrin: .

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Saw that but again that is at&t we will have to see if vzw tries and close the exploit used to open the gs3.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Saw that but again that is at&t we will have to see if vzw tries and close the exploit used to open the gs3.

Its stupid that they would try that, we pay hundreds of dollars for these phones and then pay verizon 2000 more over the course of a contract and they try to limit what we can do with these devices that we pay our hard earned money for. Its even worse that we just sit here and take it like it is the right thing for them to do