Will the Apple users be SOL?

xxfire

Reaction score
Any ideas if something to help sync anything the Macs? Or just sync everything with google then sync that way? And manually manage music and video?

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not 100% but I think even on Windows, you'll need to manage music/video manually right now. I haven't looked into Motorola's portal program, but it may be able to sync media. Have you ever thought of setting up Boot Camp or Parallels or something to run Windows programs that you may need? Just an option if you can't find a good solution on your Mac.

OP
X

xxfire

Reaction score
I'm not 100% but I think even on Windows, you'll need to manage music/video manually right now. I haven't looked into Motorola's portal program, but it may be able to sync media. Have you ever thought of setting up Boot Camp or Parallels or something to run Windows programs that you may need? Just an option if you can't find a good solution on your Mac.

Ya I have Fuzion III installed and use it. or Can go into bootcamp. Just lots easier of something was native like RIM finally listened to "us" crying and made a OSX client. Thanks !

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ya I have Fuzion III installed and use it. or Can go into bootcamp. Just lots easier of something was native like RIM finally listened to "us" crying and made a OSX client. Thanks !
I understand that. Well since Android has been growing in popularity and now Verizon is partnering with them also, I'm sure it will get big enough soon that someone will work on a Mac solution. There are lots of Mac users out there and I bet they all feel the same way you do.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I will go ahead and add that to my apps posting, I will soon also add a widgets section, for those who posted some good widgets to check out.

TarzanMan

Reaction score
As an original G1 owner, I would like to welcome you folks to the Android fold :)

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Markspace's Missing Sync is available for beta download right now and a final version shouldn't be too far being (hopefully).

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cool, that looks like a good solution for us mac users :)

Markspace's Missing Sync is available for beta download right now and a final version shouldn't be too far being (hopefully).

350-Jason

Reaction score
nothing works right now. i think the phone is too new. i DL'd double twist, it doesn't recognize that the phone is plugged in.

how can i get music from my computer to my droid?

TarzanMan

Reaction score
nothing works right now. i think the phone is too new. i DL'd double twist, it doesn't recognize that the phone is plugged in.

If it works like Android on my G1:

1.Plug the usb cable into the phone and computer
2.Phone should give you a notification in the windows which allows you to select the option to 'mount' the phone/SD card or 'transfer files'
3. Once you choose that option (from the notification window) then it should show up as a drive letter on your computer (like a flash drive would).
4. Make a folder for your music (or not) and copy them over.
5. Done. Go to the media player to play your music

350-Jason

Reaction score
i figured it out with double twist. you have to go to notifications and turn the droid to USB storage mode so it will be recognized by double twist.

OP
X

xxfire

Reaction score
Just got it this morning.. I'm STOKED...
LOVE IT..
I just synced my contacts with google and poof I'm good to go.. I sync my google cal. with spanning sync, so thats covered... and now to test drag and drop music.

OP
X

xxfire

Reaction score

Try doubletwist again.. works fine for me..
Make sure you mount the mem card on the phone :)

yaskal

Reaction score
Looking for Spanning Sync?

If you are interested in using Spanning Sync and want to save $5 you can use this discount code (and be on the way to getting it free) at spanningsync.com

7NE4NQ