Will pay for an app that...

M

Matth3w

Auto toggles WiFi depending on your location. I rarely go anywhere or use WiFi except in my house, and I would like an app that toggles WiFi on when I'm in the house and toggles when I leave...maybe allows you to add several locations (like airports etc) as well to toggle it on.

Surely it could be done...if they have the ringtone profile based on your location, and the to do list that can remind you when you're near somewhere...

schellbl

Reaction score
There is something out there already. Look at Y5 - Battery Saver. It remembers the locations you connect to and disables the wifi if you aren't around.

Hope that helps.

cchhiipp

Reaction score
Isn't that what Locale does? I haven't really tried it, but that's what it does from my understanding.

OP
M

Matth3w

There is something out there already. Look at Y5 - Battery Saver. It remembers the locations you connect to and disables the wifi if you aren't around.

Hope that helps.
Thanks I'll look into it.

OP
M

Matth3w

Isn't that what Locale does? I haven't really tried it, but that's what it does from my understanding.
I thought locale was the one that changed your ringtone profile based on where you were...like office it changes to vibrate, movie it silences it, etc

cchhiipp

Reaction score
It can do that as well, I think, but I think it can also turn on/off Wifi based on your location.

OP
M

Matth3w

Y5 seems to work...see if it conflicts with the toggle switch widget next time I leave the house...

Sp3aK

Reaction score
I would think a WiFi on/off widget would be better. Using a program like that would mean you have to leave the GPS on at all times. I don't have tons of stuff on my home screen(s) so I have plenty of room for the factory power bar widget.

I'm just thinking that the battery usage an app would use using the GPS all the time wouldn't be worth the less than 2 seconds to toggle WiFi on when you need it.

To each their own though!

OP
M

Matth3w

I would think a WiFi on/off widget would be better. Using a program like that would mean you have to leave the GPS on at all times. I don't have tons of stuff on my home screen(s) so I have plenty of room for the factory power bar widget.

I'm just thinking that the battery usage an app would use using the GPS all the time wouldn't be worth the less than 2 seconds to toggle WiFi on when you need it.

To each their own though!
Yeah, true. There is one built in I think. At least I don't remember downloading it lol. It has toggles for all the major crap.

JamesX

Reaction score
Installed Y5 seems to have lost my Hidden SSID connection. Anyone else have this problem?